New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Streaming vr from pc to my samsung s6 device

I have looked online and not really found a definitive answer. I have found apps but are not compatible with my device, and the pc versions also require a purchase. I am trying to do this without spending any more money if possible.

I want to be able to stream 4k videos to my phone, My hope is that with my pc doing the heavy lifting my phone isn't going to overheat immediately. The maximum time I get before I'm told my device needs to cool down is 10 minutes.
I'm hopeful some of you beautiful people will be able to help me to find the necessary software to make vr accessible for me :)
Thank you for any and all advice

Answers

• Brick1026Brick1026 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I have looked online and not really found a definitive answer. I have found apps but are not compatible with my device, and the pc versions also require a purchase. I am trying to do this without spending any more money if possible.

I want to be able to stream 4k videos to my phone, My hope is that with my pc doing the heavy lifting my phone isn't going to overheat immediately. The maximum time I get before I'm told my device needs to cool down is 10 minutes.
    I'm hopeful some of you beautiful people will be able to help me to find the necessary software to make vr accessible for me :)
    Thank you for any and all advice
    Not sure if its on android but I have messed around with IVRY for iPhone on my 8. Perhaps its because of the headset I used or IPD issues but my experience with it was a blurry unplayable mess. Then again, my PC while VR ready, connects over wifi rather than ethernet (while there is a wired option I can't get it to work). I also know about RiftCat but don't know much about it, that may work for you too. Hopefully you can have a better experience with this than me.