New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S / Rift 1.43 Release Rolling Out Now

ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 164 Oculus Staff
edited November 18 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Home
  • You can now use the Scale Tool to change an object’s size to make it larger or smaller.
  • To scale an object, grab the object, make sure the scale icon is highlighted in blue, then push your thumbstick to the right or left to scale the size up or down.
  • Keep in mind that some special objects can’t be used with the scale tool.
    • For a more in-depth tutorial, check out the Oculus support site for our new Oculus Home help guide coming soon!
Oculus Link
  • Remote rendering for Oculus Quest is now available! Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.
Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that produced a recurring error and prevented Dash from launching when no internet connection was present. 

Comments

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,243
    Wintermute
    Fixes
    • Fixed an issue

That's what we like to see. Thank you.  :)
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 467
    Trinity
    Any notes on what the new firmware did ?
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
    Wintermute
    ShocksVR said:

Did you get new firmware on the Rift S?
  • ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 467
    Trinity
    Richooal said:
    ShocksVR said:

Did you get new firmware on the Rift S?
    Ya, I got a firmware update (headset only) back when it was still PTC 1.43.
    My headset is now on 2.1.1
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 164 Oculus Staff
    Richooal said:
    Fixes
    • Fixed an issue

That's what we like to see. Thank you.  :)
    Jeremiah Johnson nodding
  • huliqanhuliqan Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    1.42 works fine
    1.43 notification with issue
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,058 Valuable Player
    huliqan said:
    1.42 works fine
    Care to translate that to English?  Not all of us can read.......whatever the heck that is.
  • XaRDaZ_XaRDaZ_ Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    RE: Care to translate that to English?  Not all of us can read.......whatever the heck that is.
    "Notifications: Some software functions can be temporary unavailable. If problem still persists, please visit an Oculus Support Center "
  • huliqanhuliqan Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Thanks! quite so.
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 969
    3Jane
    Digikid1 said:
    huliqan said:
    1.42 works fine
    Care to translate that to English?  Not all of us can read.......whatever the heck that is.
    Sorry - couldn't resist it...
    Когда дело доходит до кириллицы, Google - твой друг :)

PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.

Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    I often get that notification coming up. Does`nt seem to affect anything though. I`m sure Oculus know about this particular bug but dont seem to be inclined to sort it, as it`s been around since CV1. I have Rift S.
  • OD1_ITSOD1_ITS Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited November 14

Fixes
    • Fixed an issue that produced a recurring error and prevented Dash from launching when no internet connection was present. 
    Finally. 
    1.42 was unusable like that. Being a developer and having forced updates to versions that have such high impact issues is ♥♥♥
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,058 Valuable Player
    RattyUK said:
    Digikid1 said:
    huliqan said:
    1.42 works fine
    Sorry - couldn't resist it...
    Когда дело доходит до кириллицы, Google - твой друг :)

You bugger you. LOL!!!! 😂
  • MartelMartel Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I seem to be in a loop where it wants me to "update my drivers". 

Anyone else have this issue?
  • Artist_ShawnArtist_Shawn Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited November 15
    How big is the update?

Long story short, we're moving but our Visas got denied so we're staying at home for a little but we have no wifi. I was going to try using my phone's hotspot, but we don't have unlimited data so I want to conserve it.
  • Fherregodts2018Fherregodts2018 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same problem as Martel, update drivers then oculus software reboot and ask the same thing ...update drivers...
    The firmware update never happed...contact oculus support.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,503
    Project 2501
    Have you both tried manually updating your Oculus Drivers?  From the Oculus Support pages;

- Close the Oculus app
    - Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command
    - Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers
    - Open oculus-driver

This has helped me the past.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• BlastphemerBlastphemer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yeah, great update. Broke my software completely and needs to be downloaded again. Gone from an update (forced btw) to a complete reinstall of 7.35GB. Pathetic.
  • DuxCroDuxCro Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited November 16
    Does this start downloading when we put the headset on? Because i just tried streaming Arizona Sunshine to Twitch and as soon as i put the headset on my internet goes to sh*t. And i see in task manager that windows starts downloading something. Only when i put the headset on.
    Wintermute
    edited November 16
    DuxCro said:
    Does this start downloading when we put the headset on? Because i just tried streaming Arizona Sunshine to Twitch and as soon as i put the headset on my internet goes to sh*t. And i see in task manager that windows starts downloading something. Only when i put the headset on.

The download of app updates can be stopped until you want them via settings.
    The Oculus updates cannot be stopped, they will be downloaded where and when Oculus decides. It does NOT require the headset to be worn.

If you want to see if anything is being downloaded go to your Oculus Desktop App, click on "Library", "Updates". Anything downloading will show here.

If you want more info about your PC's downloading and control over individual DL/UL speeds, use NetLimiter 4 (or similar). I've used it for years and love it.

https://www.netlimiter.com/

• SuperNovaMLGSuperNovaMLG Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This update broke my software, I tried repairing it but it ended up forcing me to uninstall the oculus app, now when I try to use the OculusSetup.exe I can download the first part just fine but when I'm done installing it says to restart my computer because there was an error.
  • alex.dekalbalex.dekalb Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This update broke my software, I tried repairing it but it ended up forcing me to uninstall the oculus app, now when I try to use the OculusSetup.exe I can download the first part just fine but when I'm done installing it says to restart my computer because there was an error.

Broke on my system as well. Tried to fix it, but at this point it's not worth the time. Since the update came out, I wasn't able to launch any of my games until I updated, but the update wouldn't work when I tried to launch it. I thought the next logical step was to try a repair on the Oculus so that it would update, but that ended up breaking it. Since it was broken, it left behind several partial files. I used revouninstaller to remove all those files, then attempted a fresh install, but now it won't install at all, it seems that there is an obvious issue for Ryzen systems, which is nothing new, I guess at this point I just have to wait for it to be patched, pretty shitty that the patch is mandatory though, like maybe test it a little more before releasing it unless your trying to compete with Microsoft updates and their ability to break things. 
  • humpfhumpf Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Since this update, i do no longer hear anything out of the rift s speakers.
    I got a new driver and a firmware update.
    I see the rift S as an audio device in my windows settings, but there is no sound anymore

Does anyone have the same problem or any hints what i could do?
  • deemerydeemery Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This update stalled at 1 of 9 and kept wanting me to restart the app, it appeared to be in some sort of loop. I decided to try and repair the oculus app in add/remove/modify programs. This downloaded the 7GB file but when it was installing it said there was an unexpected error and could not be installed. My system restarted and oculus icons were gone and it wasn't installed anymore. I found the oculus folder in program files oculus which had the setup file. You need to cut and paste the complete folder to another location such as downloads because you can't install the files in program files/oculus if the folder is there. Once you move the oculus folder to another location run the oculussetup as administrator. I turned of my antivirus and windows defender firewall just in case and turned off wifi, don't know if it mattered but I did it. The program reinstalled itself without any problem and was updated to the 1.43 oculus app. A few games in my library needed updated but once I clicked on the game icon and went to install it, the rest completed. I hope this helps.
  • DuxCroDuxCro Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    What really gets on my nerves is that my headset is plugged in all the time, but the Oculus app has asked me at least 100 times in a month to set up my Rift S. And just now it started launching on it's own without me even putting the headset on my head or even touching it. Weird.
  • SiberdtSiberdt Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    edited November 18
    I got update loop + one undefined PCI device:

• MaxArchMaxArch Posts: 149 Oculus Start Member
    Rift CV1 - also in update loop 'New drivers are required for Oculus. Update Now'.
    Headset still works fine - sensor warning though.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,503
    Project 2501
    Maybe make sure you guys are completely shutting down after any updates (that is, no sleep or hibernate).  Otherwise these updates may not completely install.  Just a thought.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• ShowbizDonkeyShowbizDonkey Posts: 164 Oculus Staff
    Oculus Link
    • Remote rendering for Oculus Quest is now available! Check out our blog post and support center articles for details on connecting Quest to your compatible PC. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the feature to appear within your headset. If you still do not see the feature after that time, please reboot your Quest headset and log out and back into your account on the Oculus PC software.
    Hi all - just dropping an FYI that we've updated the 1.43 release notes with the above bullet!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    So, I posted up above that I was stuck on the driver update loop from hell. I tried to "repair", which failed and uninstalled the software <there has GOT to be a better way of handling that>. 

After that, the Oculus software wouldn't install at all. I tried all of the things you would think <antivirus, firewall, deleting existing directories and the like>, but it just would not install. When I looked at the logs, it always got hung up on the USB drivers. 

Then I remembered from the olden days, you can always install the drivers when the device is unplugged, so I unplugged everything <headset and sensors> and then installed the software just fine. Plugged it all back in and it's working great again

Hope this helps