cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stormland crashes and Issues

Bob445566
Honored Guest
I tried Stormland today. It ran fine on my Overclocked RTX2080 with the latest drivers on high settings. But it Crashed after like 2 minutes. It tried to play for about 1 hour but it crashed about 30 times. 

I also tried to play it on the lowest settings, which did not have any effect on it crashing.

It seems like it crashes mostly on key moments in the game like "cutscenes". Probably always when it loads something in the Background. 
The most crashes are at the scene where you meet that little AI thing and need to put it on your chest. I nearly did not came past that scene because it crashed about 6 times, always getting about 5 seconds further in the scene.

Does any of you have the same Problem? Or a Idea to fix it?

The rest of my specs are
32gb of Ram
and an i7 with 4.9 ghz

10 REPLIES 10

Bob445566
Honored Guest
I fixed it by reinstalling it. Runs ok now.

Bob445566
Honored Guest
I noticed that the game also likes to crash when I overclock my GPU to the max.

Ovi_S
Explorer
Have the exact same issue. Reinstalling didn't fix anything. System is rock-solid in all other games (RTX 2080 (non-OC), R5 3600, 16 GB DDRAM4, latest drivers. Just stressed tested my system in the insane Unigine Superposition VR test with Future presets and my system maintained average of 60 FPS and no crashes or errors ( 100 FPS average on VR Maximum preset). Then loaded the game, killed the first enemy I saw => System Crash!

If I don't do anything in the game but stand around and shoot at the environment, it won't crash. Only crashes when I complete an objective or navigate to a new portion of the map just like OP.

Dropped an email to developers. Doubt I'll get a response. Game is unplayable. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Been playing the game for like 10 - 15 hours, all settings maxed but with real-time shadows deactivated and using TAA instead of SMAA. Using Rift CV1 ss 2.0. 

Never had a single crash - my GTX 1080 is oc'ed to a few Mhz below the beginning of gpu instability, lol. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Ovi_S
Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

Been playing the game for like 10 - 15 hours, all settings maxed but with real-time shadows deactivated and using TAA instead of SMAA. Using Rift CV1 ss 2.0. 

Never had a single crash - my GTX 1080 is oc'ed to a few Mhz below the beginning of gpu instability, lol. 

what nVidia drivers are you using? Latest (445.87) here. I'll try rolling back to an earlier version, but I don't want to try them all blindly.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I'm using 441.87 - but maybe try to deactivate real time shadows first, you'll still get nice dynamic shadows. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Ovi_S
Explorer
EDIT: removed double post.

Ovi_S
Explorer
Fixed! PSA for those having the same issue: in nVidia Control Panel, set Power Management Mode to "Prefer maximum performance". I had mine set to "Adaptive" - which worked fine with all games, VR and flat, and all stress tests / benchmarks, except Stormland. Don't know if the default value for PMM "Optimal Power" also works, will test and report back.

PS: Thanks for the reply RuneSR2!

Ovi_S
Explorer
Confirmed. Anything but "Prefer Maximum Performance" will cause a crash, every time.