I have no audio on my Quest headset when using Oculus Link. These are all the things I have tried to resolve the issue:
- Reboot PC and/or Quest and plugged things back in in many different orders.
- Restarted the Oculus service.
- Tried different USB ports.
- Tried different USB cables.
- Tried both an active and a passive extender.
- Tried throwing a USB 3 hub into the mix just because, both as the first part of the chain and as the second part.
- Tried with headphones plugged into the Quest and with them removed.
- Tried toggling all the options related to sound that I could find within the software (Devices > Quest and Touch, all those sound options).
- Repaired / reinstalled Oculus software.
- Uninstalled Virtual Desktop Streamer app and its audio driver.
- Changed my desktop speakers from 5.1 to stereo.
- Attempted setting every single audio output device as default in Windows.
- Plugged in my CV1, went through the setup, and then tried piping audio through the Oculus Rift Headphones audio output adapter.
- Reinstalled oculus-driver.exe.
- Opened a ticket with Oculus Support (they told me they won't support beta software, lol)
Is there anybody with the same issue who found a solution? Or at this point is my only bet to wait a year until it stops being beta and Oculus Support actually tries to help?
EDIT: I finally got it working after uninstalling the NVIDIA HD Audio driver.
- On your keyboard, press Win+X > Select "Device Manager"
- Open up the "Sound, video and game controllers" node.
- Right click the NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver and choose "Uninstall device".