New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Unable to cast using chromecast 3

CrabbinbadlyCrabbinbadly Posts: 1
NerveGear
So I bought a chromecast 3 today but nothing I do will allow me to cast to it. It's all on the same ipv4 network, I've reinstalled the app and factory reset my quest. The chromecast works from other apps on my phone such as youtube but in the oculus app it doesn't even show up. What gives? What else can I try?

Comments

• karacsonyi.attilakaracsonyi.attila Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    So I bought a chromecast 3 today but nothing I do will allow me to cast to it. It's all on the same ipv4 network, I've reinstalled the app and factory reset my quest. The chromecast works from other apps on my phone such as youtube but in the oculus app it doesn't even show up. What gives? What else can I try?
    Me too... Chromecast (v3) is not visible in my Oculus app on S9+ 
  • PetruskaSkachovaPetruskaSkachova Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I´m having the same problem, with the same product. It only lasts like 5 seconds, than the connection interrupts and finishes. However I am able to establish it, to cast for few seconds. I don´t understand why it doesn´t work. At this point I think Chromecast should sort out something about their support to certain devices. Also, it could be the wifi connection, which would work better on 5G for these purposes. 
  • Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    Same here. Impossible to cast since the last update. I get a black screen on my TV, and a few seconds later it disconnects.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest - Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming - i7 8700 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - 2 To SSD - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold
  • christiangehnerchristiangehner Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same 
    what is the Problem?😬
  • steve.rolle.14steve.rolle.14 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Bought the Oculus Quest and Chromecast Ultra. Oculus app doesn’t find the Chromecast, only my phone. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app... didn’t make a difference 😠😠😠
  • r3vertr3vert Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    you can try using the cast inside the tv. while my phone needed to be in the same room as the chromecast (i have a chromecast built into my Vizio tv) the headset could detect it halfway across my house with tons of walls and doors.
  • lamadudelamadude Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Chromecast is not appearing on the phone as an option. I am wondering who is able to????