cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v12 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Important notes:

• In an effort to simplify our software update processes, we are aligning the software version numbers across all of our products. You will see this reflected starting in this release (v12). We will continue to post separate release notes for our PC software and the standalone / mobile headset software. For more information on our release processes, please review this FAQ post.
  • This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the PTC to return to PC software version 1.43.

Rift S

• Updated firmware to improve performance

Fixes

• Various bug fixes and stability improvements

If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
64 REPLIES 64

Migush
Explorer
Finger tracking for Rift S confirmed?? 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting it is not compatible with the new Link. Not much in release notes with this one...

Greekspartan121
Protege
What a heap of crap by oculus.New bloody software has stopped Link from connecting to store via the quest,meaning it does not work anymore.quest shows its connected,controllers are showing as not working,off it says now.Bavk to a crappy standalone headset again with no rift games.Why don't you knobs test the software before you realease it to the public.Would be to easy.

ShocksVR
Superstar

What a heap of crap by oculus.New bloody software has stopped Link from connecting to store via the quest,meaning it does not work anymore.quest shows its connected,controllers are showing as not working,off it says now.Bavk to a crappy standalone headset again with no rift games.Why don't you knobs test the software before you realease it to the public.Would be to easy.

OPT OUT OF THE PTC SOFTWARE. READ THE ABOVE NOTES
This PTC software is not compatible with the Oculus Link feature
on Oculus Quest. In order to use remote rendering, please opt out of the
PTC to return to PC software version 1.43.

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Buglardons
Honored Guest
I opt out i'm now in 1.39 so i can not use oculus link anymore 

vargablood
Expert Protege
i opted out and lost oculus link sound who was there in latest ptc beta build. pls sync oculus pc client and quest firmware update rollout .....

RattyUK
Trustee
Updated to v12 earlier and a headset firmware update.  Started up a few minutes back and had the Controller firmware update too.  All seems great so far :smile:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Admin_1234
Honored Guest
Rift S
Updated firmware to improve performance

Wow thats clear and elaborate ...thanks you

Richooal
Consultant

Why don't you knobs test the software before you realease it to the public.Would be to easy.

You can read can't you?
The software you're complaining about is the "Public TEST Channel" version. That means it's being tested before being released to the public. (I typed this slowly so you could take it in better)

If you want the 100% okay, already tested version with slightly fewer problems than the test version, then stay out of the test channel.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.