New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Uploading Purchased Items to Oculus Quest Headset and Issue With First Steps Video

Jude007Jude007 Posts: 2
NerveGear

I am brand new to Oculus Quest and virtualy reality.  I bought my Oculus Quest this week and I have some questions/issues regarding its operation:

1.  I watched First Steps and had problems using the video.  I got as far as testing the virtual hands and when it asked me to "press the button in front of you" - there was no

button there for me to press.  I tried the video several times and got the same issue every time.  I am unable to go beyond this point in the video (near the beginning). 

2.  I have downloaded the Oculus app on my iphone and done the settings set up.  However, I am unable to transfer/download the content I purchased on the app to my Oculus

Quest handset.  I press the button to download and I get the same message "not connected" and it will not download.  On my phone my handset has been located and is           showing.  Do I need to be on wifi to download my purchases.  I know the descriptions of all the items I purchased said that a pc and internet are not needed to use it.  What         is going on?  How do I transfer/download purchases to my Oculus Quest? 

3.  Are there insructional courses for beginners on Oculus Quest that I can attend (especially a classroom I can go to)?  I live in Massachusetts about 40 miles south of

Boston.

Comments

• ezop73ezop73 Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    Q1. not sure about that problem it could be a corrupt software issue but a factory reset might help. please be mindful if you do a factory reset, YOU WILL loose all your game saves from ALL games unless you backit up (sidequest).

Q2. Yes you need wifi/internet to download anything onto the quest, you dont need wifi to play most games on the quest but you need wifi/internet to download games and apps

Q3. Not that I've heard of and i'd be very sceptical to attend if there was, to be honest its a learn as you go process .. if/WHEN you fail try, try again.