New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Vader Immortal: Entire Trilogy

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,613 Valuable Player
edited November 21 in General
I'm about halfway done with Episode 3, and overall I am very pleased with this trilogy. While Episode 2 was probably the weakest of the 3 experience (mostly due to the slight redundancy in the gameplay), Episodes 1 and 3 feel rather epic.

I really love the visuals and battle sequences in Episode 3. Being able to use a variety of combat tactics between the Saber and the Force (you can use the Force with both hands!) is very cool for a Jedi enthusiast.

This would probably play better as a complete experience, and newcomers to Quest will get to enjoy that easily. For us early adopters, having to drag out the 3-part episodes likely felt a bit lackluster. But in the end I am not disappointed one bit. I hope to see more from this studio!

My Oculus Quest is really starting to overtake my Rift CV1 in terms of regular use. While I love PCVR, it's hard to get away from the freedom that the Quest provides. And now that I am using the Top Strap mod for the Quest, lengthier gamplays are possible without enduring much discomfort from its weight.

Anyone else pleased with Vader Immortal Trilogy overall?
Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
Tagged:

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,020 Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 21
    I bought Ep3 today, and will probably try to play it tonight on Quest Link (if I can get my audio sorted out).
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 3,835 Valuable Player
    edited November 21
    I didn't even finish Episode 2. Good to hear that 3 is better although some reviews on the Oculus store beg to differ. I agree the full package would be beneficial for about £15.99.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,267 Volunteer Moderator
    I was waiting for 3 before buying 2, just to make it a bigger experience, so that's what I just did!
    Total price doesn't seem too bad to me, even if you think of the 3 as a single game. And a lower priced bundle is bound to be available before too long.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18363.476)
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,843 Valuable Player
    I was waiting for 3 before buying 2, just to make it a bigger experience, so that's what I just did!
    Total price doesn't seem too bad to me, even if you think of the 3 as a single game. And a lower priced bundle is bound to be available before too long.
    I did the same today as well.

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,657 Valuable Player
    Well there goes more money I didnt realize that elisode 3 was out.....
    WAAAGH!
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,613 Valuable Player
    Just beat it. Very cool battle sequences, and this Dojo is my favorite of the 3.

You can do it all in this Dojo:
    • Dual wield light sabers
    • Dual wield force use
    • Dual wield blasters
    • Fight Storm Troopers
  • adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    I guess I'm in the minority because I found all the episodes to be pretty terrible and boring. The dojo is great and worth the $10 all on its own, and the Ep. III dojo is by far the best though there were some bugs that the other didn't have. So I'm not upset with my purchase but the main story feels like you are just standing on a conveyor belt the whole time. And its so repetitive. I won't spoil the ending but obviously you fight Vader and it basically is just like watching a cutscene. As far as I'm concerned its just a waste of the Star Wars license.
  • keeperofkeyskeeperofkeys Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Just bought Quest and this was my first game play Just started Ep 1 and I’m blown away. Graphics are very good. Problem is I like my VR world better than the real world. Lol
  • adam.poole.313adam.poole.313 Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    edited November 23

Thanks for spoiling the ending.

I'm not stupid. Its called Vader Immortal.  All of the promotional material, trailers, and reviews show you fighting Vader. If that wasn't obvious enough, at the end of the second episode you are literally told that you now have to go fight Vader.

From the official trailer:

I'm not stupid. Its called Vader Immortal.  All of the promotional material, trailers, and reviews show you fighting Vader. If that wasn't obvious enough, at the end of the second episode you are literally told that you now have to go fight Vader.

There was still no telling exactly what the actual ending would be. So you did spoil the literal ending, regardless of what trailers and reviews show. Just  because the trailers show you fighting Vader doesn't mean that everyone knew that this would be the exact ending. It's possible that you could have fought Vader halfway through, and then moved on to another ending, etc.

Let's move on now. You don't like the game, you talked about the ending. Great. No need to derail.
  • saami81saami81 Posts: 164
    Art3mis
    I just bough episodes 2 and 3. They were both on sale. Previous price was 9.99, but now you could buy them at 7.95.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,149 Valuable Player
    As a Jedi I'm in favour of all this. I'm one of the many people that has put Jedi as my religion in the last few UK Censuses :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MattC2510MattC2510 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    just started episode 2 but im really tall or floating in the air, somethings not right.
    MattC2510 said:
    just started episode 2 but im really tall or floating in the air, somethings not right.

That's the power of the force
    :p