New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Espire 1: VR Operative November 22nd Release

Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,155 Valuable Player
edited November 2019 in General
This is my type of VR game and it seems got decent previews from those who played it. It was delayed for extra polish for a few months. Anyone interested?

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1433592913387102/?locale=en_GB

https://store.steampowered.com/app/669290/Espire_1_VR_Operative/

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,771 Volunteer Moderator
    Mebbe
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 5,954 Valuable Player
    Techy111 said:
    Mebbe
    Ditto, but Stormland first, then back to Asgard... And then Boneworks may take priority... But I'll keep an eye on reviews.
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,452 Valuable Player
    Yeah love it, not sure where I'll get the time to play it though.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,155 Valuable Player
    edited November 2019
    Not a bad game so far. Graphics are pretty basic though. Here's some non-narrated gameplay.

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,771 Volunteer Moderator
    Looks very polished mate opinion ??
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Not a bad game so far. Graphics are pretty basic though. Here's some non-narrated gameplay.

Looks like there're no dynamic shadows on opponents? Is that true? In dark stealth games omitting dynamic shadows wouldn't be something I'd like - or maybe you've turned them off? Not sure I saw any dynamic shadows in the trailer, but I'd love to be wrong.

I can see they have implemented static shadows, but those are the ones easy to do - when shadows are integrated in textures. 

Also no dynamic shadows - or shadows at all - on opponents here:

Gameplay from the launch trailer - no character shadows at all - that'll ruin immersion for me if true (because I can't help looking for it constantly :blush: ):

So it's Splinter Cell without any dynamic character shadows? 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,289 Valuable Player
    Are those shots from the Rift or the Quest?
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    Only 6/10 of current 60 reviews are positive on Steam - but the game's rated 88% based on 28 ratings in the Oculus Store. The game is much better on the Rifts?

RuneSR2 said:

Looks like there're no dynamic shadows on opponents? Is that true? In dark stealth games omitting dynamic shadows wouldn't be something I'd like - or maybe you've turned them off? Not sure I saw any dynamic shadows in the trailer, but I'd love to be wrong.

I can see they have implemented static shadows, but those are the ones easy to do - when shadows are integrated in textures. 

Also no dynamic shadows - or shadows at all - on opponents here:

Gameplay from the launch trailer - no character shadows at all - that'll ruin immersion for me if true (because I can't help looking for it constantly :blush: ):

So it's Splinter Cell without any dynamic character shadows? 
    Dunno about the top shot - middle shot is from Rift-S and bottom shot is from the launch trailer. 

• dmarcianodmarciano Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Disappointed quality image is not good 😫😕
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,155 Valuable Player
    Quite a few bugs and I think people over at the Steam forums, myself included are not happy we can't remove all hud elements. Tripwire have listened though and will include an all-off option in the next update. The game starts slowly but ramps up quite a bit. It's fun so far but perhaps too easy on default difficulty. I think you can chose VR Operative once you beat the game.