New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Home Screen, Library, and Browser have suddenly turned twice as close and half as big. Help!

DrCyclopsDrCyclops Posts: 2
NerveGear
I just put on my Oculus Go headset, and something is WAY wrong. The home screen, library, and browser all feel like they're MUCH smaller and much closer than they've been in the past. Is this a software update glitch? All of my other app/experiences perform as normal, but these other screens are claustrophobic and small - not really watchable (I like to watch fullscreen Youtube). I can't find any settings to change this. Any help will be appreciated!

Comments

• CronzoCronzo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited November 24
    Yes update 11 moved the screen much closer and smaller. Instead of a huge screen at the other side of the room it's a much smaller screen in your face. To me it seems to be about 5 feet away which is way closer than my actual TV in my small appt. I contacted support and they confirmed there is no user option to change it so I raised a suggestion asking for it to be reverted. This isn't letting me post as an actual link so copy paste the below to vote for the suggestion

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest/suggestions/39112117-please-revert-the-home-screen-position-the-last-u
  • FunkyFunkMonkeyFunkyFunkMonkey Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I hate it being so close. Ruins the feeling of spacious luxury. If I wanted to sit this close to a small tv then I wouldn't need vr, I would literally just move my chair closer to my real tv. 

• CronzoCronzo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It used to be my preferred place to surf, now it's not. For me the screen is appearing just at the edge of the carpet, I can see on older youtube videos it used to appear about halfway from the carpet to the edge of the dome.
  • topatherangetopatherange Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    this happened to me too i contacted support they didn't understand the problem, i have even factory reset my quest and now find out it is just an update thing, my onecast is now useless with this size screen, so simple to make it adjustable