New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Link Freezing Quest

HappyduckkHappyduckk Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited November 23 in Oculus Quest
So yesterday (11/22) I was using the Link for ours and I had no issues, but today any oculus link games are freezing inside the headset. The games are perfectly fine on my PC, but the headset will freeze and I'll need to power off/restart the headset in order for it to do anything again.
Anybody else having this problem? :Has anyone found a fix for this?

P.S: . I have made sure that no cables are disconnected when the freezing occurs.
        . I have a high-end PC, so specs aren't the problem
        . This has occurred with all of my Link compatible games, not just one specific game.
        . I have the recommended Anker USB cable, so hopefully that isn't the issue

Comments

• Corrupt-GrimCorrupt-Grim Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I've been having the same issue since the link beta started. If i switch usb sockets over it tends to be more stable for a short time but the issue comes back.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,843 Valuable Player
    edited November 24
    Yes happening to me as well, using a Tojo 6ft cable.
    Have the recommended Anker cable on order, but it is on backorder so won't have for a few days.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • mph552mph552 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I am having the same issue. Fire up Link and within 30 secs the video freezes up in the Quest. Have to close everything out and disconnect. Then it does it all again. 
  • adampro93adampro93 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 1
    Sadly mine freezes out too, checked my cable on a friend PC an it worked good. So it must be the  USB ports. I have asrock b360 pro4 motherboard. I reinstalled all my drivers but still not working now im thinking on BIOS update maybe. What motherboards do you guys have? Any solution anywhere? 
  • SpuzzumSpuzzum Posts: 823
    3Jane
    Happened with me the other night while playing Space Pirate Trainer. Only happened once, but it was annoying. Still only the beta stage though, barely 2 weeks in. These are the kind of bugs betas are designed for...finding them and fixing them before the official release.
  • raeven63raeven63 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've been using link with the recommended cable for a little over a week now and now my headset is freezing up as well.  Still running fine on my PC but have to shut down the headset to reboot again. 
  • HappyduckkHappyduckk Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    raeven63 said:
    I've been using link with the recommended cable for a little over a week now and now my headset is freezing up as well.  Still running fine on my PC but have to shut down the headset to reboot again. 
    Same exact problem as me. The game still runs fine on the pc.