Upgrade my GPU for Asgard's Wrath?

morningland
Protege
I am using an HP Omen 870
i7 
16 gigs ram
SSD 
gtx 1070 

I am able to run the game on high settings at 90% resolution and there is some stuttering but the game plays decent.  I am thinking of upgrading to the rtx 2070 Super for this game, Stormland and any other new game that should come out. Do you think this would be overkill?  I'm thinking it might be too much of an impulsive buy but I do play a lot of VR and am looking to get better FPS and resolution if I can
9 REPLIES 9

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
How much more is the 2080 super? Not sure about the 20 series cards (I have a 1080ti) 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The 2080 Super in the UK can be had for about 620 pounds ish
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

morningland
Protege
The 2080 is over 1k!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The ti you mean ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a 2070 super and the game runs bad on high settins with %100 resolution..the developer said the game is designed to run on future hardware..LOL..who has that, marty macfly?

RattyUK
Trustee

The 2080 is over 1k!

My 2080 Super cost around £700.
The 2080ti is around £1,000
The 'new' 7nm die cards coming out next year are allegedly going to be at a 'lower' price point 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

morningland
Protege
So do you guys think I should just wait to upgrade my GPU?  I guess the game runs fine and is fun so unless I'm going to see some drastic improvement it won't be worth upgrading

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I’d wait for the new lineup that’s supposed to be announced in the spring. That’s what I’m doing, anyway. The current Nvidia cards have become too expensive to upgrade every generation. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RattyUK
Trustee
Had my GPU not been giving me 'issues' I would have waited until next year for the 'new' goodies from Nvidia (or AMD if they brought out some real competition) as the die shrink should mean both lower power consumption and improved performance  - if they are noticably cheaper than this generation that would be a bonus too!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3