New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Virtual Desktop in Full Screen in Oculus How?

rss334rss334 Posts: 6
NerveGear
edited November 2019 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Can't seem to find anywhere that explains this, oculus now has virtual desktop I see but I can get the desktop to display in full screen mode within the oculus, instead i see a large curved screen that take up the middle of the oculus view but has the room background on the sides, the bottom, and the top -  how do you get virtual desktop in full screen mode?

Comments

• stublu10stublu10 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also have this. The support is poor
  • Lol.im.in.vrLol.im.in.vr Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Would like to know if there a fullscreen mode too
  • Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 835
    Trinity
    I don't think you can - you can drag it closer which is about the best you can get.  I need it close otherwise the text is not clear on my setup.  In oculus home you can have a massive desktop, but again its not full screen.  I am not sure a full screen desktop would be very usable TBH.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
    MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
    16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
    Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.
  • w_benjaminw_benjamin Posts: 193
    Art3mis
    Dunno how full screen you want, but you should be able to set the background to black so all you see is the virtual desktop.

You can drag it closer to have it larger.
    I dunno if the one for the Rift has it anymore, but you used to be able to curve the screen until it was 360 degrees..., not very useful but an interesting look.