New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Boiling Steel will be in Early Access from December, 5

Virtual_GrewalVirtual_Grewal Posts: 1
NerveGear

MiroWin Studio Announces SCI-FI VR Shooter "Boiling Steel" coming to Steam, Oculus, and VivePort Early Access December 5th 2019.

"Boiling Steel" was made for gamers who love fast-paced action wrapped in a complex and story-rich setting written by a member of the team behind the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

Set in the far future, "Boiling Steel" is centered on a colonized planet designed to be a bastion of scientific research and development. Free of bureaucratic, religious, and legal restrictions technology advanced in leaps and bounds.

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,997 Valuable Player
    edited December 12
    Boiling Steel is really awesome with the CV1. The game has native Oculus driver support, so you can launch the game from Oculus Home and you'll never have to start SteamVR. In short, the game works as if you had bought the game in the Oculus Store. Trailer:

First I played the game using the Index, but no matter the res (super sampling) the game didn't seem perfectly smooth, but it's really close - seems like some kind of micro-stuttering happened occasionally. 

Imagine my surprise starting the game with the CV1 and forcing ss 2.0 (verified by OTT Pixel Density HUD) - and the game was totally smooth! (=solid 90 fps) It really felt a lot smoother than Index. Some of the textures aren't very high-res, and I think the low-res textures look better with the CV1. Now Index isn't bad at all, but I'd rate this game 9/10 using CV1 ss 2.0, and 7/10 using Index res 150%. 
    Also handling the weapons felt much more natural using Touch than Knuckles. It's my firm belief that this game was made for the Rift (or original Vive), and Index support was some kind of late add-on. Instead of selling the game through Oculus Store, somehow the devs only published on Steam, but securing that end-users would get exactly the same performance as if they bought the game in the Oculus Store. 

This game has impressed me more than Boneworks - it does have strong Stormland vibes, but Boiling Steel stands tall enough on its own. 

Get it here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016860/Boiling_Steel/

Some shots:

I read some place that graphics should be as great as Lone Echo, but with the Index graphics certainly weren't as good as I remembered Lone Echo. With the CV1 ss 2.0 everything does look more "Lone Echo"-ish, I don't have many problems with the graphics, especially using CV1 graphics are awesome. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,997 Valuable Player
    edited December 14
    Just made a post about the game on Reddit, the devs really deserve some support:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/ea50p0/boiling_steel_is_amazing_on_the_rift_and_has/
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"