cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i dont have a displayport on my laptop, what do i do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
good morning, i am about to buy a oculus rift s for my laptop ( acer nitro 5 , AN515-52 i7 8th, 16 ram, 1050ti) but i dont seem to find a display port on it, i suppose whitouth one, i cannot use the oculus, so i want to know if i should buy some adapter or if i just dont find it. what shoud i do?
2 REPLIES 2

lakedog66
Honored Guest
Buy a new laptop unfortunately. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

good morning, i am about to buy a oculus rift s for my laptop ( acer nitro 5 , AN515-52 i7 8th, 16 ram, 1050ti) but i dont seem to find a display port on it, i suppose whitouth one, i cannot use the oculus, so i want to know if i should buy some adapter or if i just dont find it. what shoud i do?

No DP or TB3 so you are out of luck with a Rift S.  You may be able to use an Oculus Quest with pc link but right now your gpu is not supported.  It may be supported later, but who knows?  At least you would be good for standalone VR.

Probably your best PCVR option with your low end gaming laptop (by todays standards) is to buy an inexpensive Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) headset with hdmi (most are hdmi, you just need to check this out).  These can be pretty inexpensive, esp. used on ebay.  You may also consider buying a used Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors but this option will not be as portable.

Both options should allow you to play most basic VR games.  If you get hooked on VR you should consider going to a nice good gaming desktop in the future imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers