cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S keeps disconnecting

EncryptedSolace
Honored Guest
so i decided to buy a Rift S from best buy yesterday while it was on sale.. i get home, plug it in, start to set it up...and, "rift s and touch not connected". i didnt think much of it, so i just switched over the usb to a different plug on the back of the computer and try again. 
it works, connected, good to go (via Oculus software). get to the point of having to put the headset on and it disconnects on me. unplug it, plug it back in, its fine.. then i go to put it on and disconnects (im sure you get the picture by now)... literally everytime i move the headset it disconnects, i tried to unplug from the plug on the headset itself and plug back in, and it worked fine for awhile. but here i am again, trying to finish setting it up (through steam) and it disconnects on me as soon as i move. 
is there something im missing here, or did i get a DOA headset? 
1 REPLY 1

Maxxgold
Rising Star
You would have to contact support to see if your headset is good/bad. Usually it has to do with USB issues. Your best be is to contact support, but I would purchase an inateck 5 USB port adapter on Amazon.