New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Everytime I setup Oculus - "Restart Computer

Everytime I install Oculus and run the set up, after it installs, it goes to this screen saying..

"Restart Computer

Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running Oculus Setup again. If you still experience issues, contact Oculus Support"

i added my log to this so maybe you can help me.

Comments

• HarmonyRocketHarmonyRocket Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Exact same error here; have a ticket in with support but no solution yet.
  • gregor616gregor616 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    I get this on my laptop as well.
    Oculus Quest 
    AMD Ryzen 7 2700, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 32GB, Asus B450 Motherboard
  • TheLonelyFishTheLonelyFish Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here, I have tried all manner of deleting all temp files and restarting pc and all the jazz with no luck
  • SmokinCheese72SmokinCheese72 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had this also - for me moving the USB input plug from one port to another fixed the problem - I find some ports are working better for the headset and others for the sensors - even had to swap those around until I found 2 it liked.
    Hope this helps you guys
  • dburnedburne Posts: 4,306 Valuable Player
    Rift S is quite finnicky on USB 3 ports.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • AoC_FlashAoC_Flash Posts: 3
    NerveGear

Everytime I install Oculus and run the set up, after it installs, it goes to this screen saying..

"Restart Computer

Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running Oculus Setup again. If you still experience issues, contact Oculus Support"

i added my log to this so maybe you can help me.

This is all I get as well the support couldn't help at all.

• truefrancotruefranco Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    I read through the logs and just at the end say “System.UnauthorizedAccessException“.
    It may be a problem with your windows files system permissions, or your hard drive has bad sectors ( is dying). Saw a few iO exception also which may be relate to that.