New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Two kids Two Headsets One Phone

MarinebikerMarinebiker Posts: 3
NerveGear
edited December 1 in Oculus Go
I have two grandsons that don't share. I got each a Go headset for Christmas. Can both headsets use the app on one phone or do you need two ?? If my son-in-law has the app on his phone and is out of town, can the headsets still be used.

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 5,695 Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 1
    You can have both headsets use one phone.
    The phone app is only needed when first setting up the Go, and under certain rare circumstances when using it (mainly to turn developer mode on and off). Otherwise the phone doesn't need to be anywhere near the headsets. The Go uses wifi to connect to the internet for things like installing games. I've loaned my Go (but not phone) to my students for a month at a time and they use it without problems.

You'll also need to choose if they have one shared account (with a single user name and email) or an account each.
    One account means you only have to buy games once (games are bound to the account, not the headset). But it makes things like friends lists trickier.
    The phone app can only have one account at a time, but it can log out/in easily. You could log in to one account, set up the first Go, then log into the second account and set up the second Go. But as said above, you will have to buy games twice if they want to play the same thing on two accounts.