New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Boneworks - Is it coming to Oculus store or just steam exclusive?

SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,278
Wintermute
Hey guys, I was just wondering if we will be getting this on Oculus store on 10th December?

Also how much will it cost in British pounds ££££ please?

Really excited for this game! hope it runs well on my PC and really hope it turns out as good as it looks in the development trailers.

Thanks.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,061 Volunteer Moderator
    Pretty sure it's Steam only, but you never know... they are working on a Quest game in the Boneworks universe, so they must have some sort of relationship with Oculus.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • SkScotcheggSkScotchegg Posts: 1,278
    Wintermute
    edited December 2
    That's cool, it probably has something to do with the fact that their physics engine is very CPU intensive.

They have added this message to the specs on the Steam store:
    CPU performance required for physics calculations! These min specs are based on Rift CV1+Touch, Original Vive 90hz, and RiftS 80hz, ONLY.

So it seems like they're warning us! lol

I am slightly worried because I have an old i5 4690k CPU but a decent RTX 2080 so I worry my CPU will struggle in this game.

EDIT: I think I read somewhere the game will be $40 but do you guys know how much it will be in the UK in british pounds £?

UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,089 Valuable Player

I am slightly worried because I have an old i5 4690k CPU but a decent RTX 2080 so I worry my CPU will struggle in this game.?

quad core haswell refresh cpu, easily capable of hitting 4.5ghz.... admittedly no hyperthreading but i still very much doubt it will limit you.

if you do not have a decent cooler however and you dont overclock, maybe it is time to change that.  a decent cooler you can take withyou on to new builds in the future as well.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • zork2001zork2001 Posts: 554
    Trinity

They are actually making use and designing the game around the finger tracking of the index controllers.

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,997 Valuable Player
    edited December 2
    I'd be surprised to see Boneworks in the Oculus Store, but maybe the devs need to eat... ;)

It's seems enabling shadows will be very hardware demanding, this game may benefit a lot from ASW 2.0... If I'd have to make the choice it would be difficult for me (great shadows and performance + ASW 2.0 vs. Index finger tracking + poor shadows performance). 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"