New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Link disabled, Quest operating in standalone, yet appears as working in Oculus application

Ashram56Ashram56 Posts: 3
NerveGear
Good morning,

I'm having a little bit of a hard time getting Oculus Link to reliably work. And it's probably not a cable issue, since when I did get it to get enabled, it worked beautifully.

Symptoms: the Oculus application on the PC detects the headset, states that it's active. When I put the Quest on, there is a pop up window asking for "enable Link". I enable it, and from there I have two symptoms:

One out of 10: Oculus Link does get enabled, I can launch applications, SteamVR, everything works as it should, no glitches

9 out of 10:
- The Quest reverts back to "standalone" mode
- If I access the settings on the Quest, I can see the Oculus Link option, and when I click on it, it states it cannot connect and fails to detect the host application on the PC
- If I access the settings on the Oculus application on the PC, it does detect the Quest and state it's "active and connected"

Note: Once I have it running, if I select the Guardian settings, it will revert back to the Quest mode of operation, and it will never go back to the Link mode of operation (well at least I could not figure out how to)

I swapped USB ports, no avail.

When it did work, it was really good though...

Comments

• Ashram56Ashram56 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Checking the logs, here's what I have:

02/12 18:09:21.874 {DEBUG}   [xrstreaming] trying to create transport with 'winusb,2833,183,1,83,2'
    02/12 18:09:21.882 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] OVR Error:
      Code: -6102 -- ovrError_XRStreamingUSBIssue
      Description: failed to open device 2833:0183: (10) no device
      OVRTime: 12726.814969
      Time: 2019-12-02 18:09:21 [882:746:600]

Yet Oculus app on the PC states that the HMD is up and running and connected...