I'm having a little bit of a hard time getting Oculus Link to reliably work. And it's probably not a cable issue, since when I did get it to get enabled, it worked beautifully.
Symptoms: the Oculus application on the PC detects the headset, states that it's active. When I put the Quest on, there is a pop up window asking for "enable Link". I enable it, and from there I have two symptoms:
One out of 10: Oculus Link does get enabled, I can launch applications, SteamVR, everything works as it should, no glitches
9 out of 10:
- The Quest reverts back to "standalone" mode
- If I access the settings on the Quest, I can see the Oculus Link option, and when I click on it, it states it cannot connect and fails to detect the host application on the PC
- If I access the settings on the Oculus application on the PC, it does detect the Quest and state it's "active and connected"
Note: Once I have it running, if I select the Guardian settings, it will revert back to the Quest mode of operation, and it will never go back to the Link mode of operation (well at least I could not figure out how to)
I swapped USB ports, no avail.
When it did work, it was really good though...