New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My oculus environment options are missing

My headset is updated to the latest (11.0 I believe) but when I try to change my home screen it doesn’t even show as an option please help if you know what I may be doing wrong or why this is happening 

Best Answers

• akaimizuakaimizu Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019 Accepted Answer
    This has come up in the Go/Quest/GearVR Release 11 topic, above. Apparently, the version of the OS has nothing to do with the accessibility of certain features like Environments. In fact, quite a few of us are still waiting for the slow rollout of that feature to unlock for us, even though we have Release 11 now. So the only thing, for those of us without it, is to wait until the feature unlocks for our unique device. It’s one of those strange Oculus things, but apparently they want users to eventually gain access to this feature over time. Still, given this feature hasn’t rolled out to everybody in weeks is a little suspect as it’s rare for a feature to take this long to roll out to everybody. 
  • KentobiKentobi Posts: 172
    Art3mis
    Accepted Answer
    The environment update hasn’t rolled out yet, even though we’ve all mostly gotten to 11. We’re all in the same boat right now.

Answers

• mrucker101mrucker101 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thank god I thought I did something wrong thank you for answering this question for me it was really starting to bug me
  • h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 167
    Art3mis
    I got mine new environment yesterday. 
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • fofgamer1960fofgamer1960 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Been on 11.0.0 for several weeks now & have the Link Beta option under the device menu but still no environments or the updated experiments.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 6,034 Volunteer Moderator
    h.r.gargi said:
    I got mine new environment yesterday. 
    Same here. Started the Quest and it wasn’t there, played a bit of The Climb, and when I finished I checked again, and the option had appeared in the Settings menu. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • loneridersteveloneridersteve Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I downloaded the three new evironments two days ago, looked at each of them. Now today I wanted to check them out again only to find they cant be found?
    On a second note I've been experiencing my guardians been shifting. Started while playing Arizona Sunshine yesterday. It not only shifted right... but, down also. Made it to where I couldnt see into ammo boxes or cars. I had to restart my vr headset, and the reset the guardian. Its now shifted three times having to be reset each time.