cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link Worked Fine from Launch, but stopped today

enigma01
Trustee
I have been using Oculus Link since it’s launch and has been working great upto last night. I haven’t been able to get it to work tonight. The first time it caused my Quest headset to totally freeze and become unresponsive until I hard reset. Now I’m just getting black screen and white dots. 

I have an Acer Triton 500 Laptop. I7 9750, 16gb DDR4, RTX 2080 Max Q. Anker Powerline USB 3.1 1.8m cable and Ugreen 2m USB 3.1 Extension. 

I did see my headset has an update available, do I need to update and if I do, do I update the Rift software also? 
6 REPLIES 6

Aikidom666
Explorer
Same for me... 

Grim2025
Explorer
With the new oculus update on the app for PC it broke the link they're trying to fix it now. 

Sofian75
Expert Protege
Working for me after rebooting my PC.

Grim2025
Explorer
Chat agent states that if the app updated, and your quest hasn't, that is the issue. Got v12 last night. Hand tracking neat but needs more neural data.

pulsar937
Honored Guest
I had a problem also... Link was perfect until yesterday, The Quest seems to be working fine, it's the Oculus app on PC that's screwy. Is there anyway to force the app update? I can't find it even if I hit update now in the app. $700.00 up in smoke, not including games.  NOT HAPPY!!!!!

steph2169
Honored Guest
Did you check the Oculus software on the PC and make sure it is version 12 as well as your headset?