New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quick question about free Vader Immortal promo going now

mightym7mightym7 Posts: 4
NerveGear
Hey,

Quick question about the free Vader Immortal promo: To qualify for the free download(s), is it based on when the Quest is registered with Oculus or do you have to prove the actual purchase date? Reason I ask is that I bought my son the Quest for Christmas a few days before the promo began, but obviously it won't be opened and registered until Christmas day, which is within the qualifying date range. He's an absolute Star Wars fanatic so really hoping it's based on the registration date.

Thanks!

Answers

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 325
    Trinity
    edited December 4
    This is what it says on Oculus website:

‘Offer valid on Oculus Quest purchases through 01/31/2020 8:59 pm PST or while supplies last. Oculus Quest must be activated within 30 days of purchase to redeem offer. Must be redeemed by 3/2/2020. Subject to availability; quantities limited; subject to change. Void where prohibited’

Seen as I think the promo started around 19th November, and you won’t be registering the device until you give it to your son at Xmas you may be over the 30 days. 

• mightym7mightym7 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Thank you. Still a little confused though because when you click on the link to the promo details is says "qualifying purchases between 9:01 am PST on 11/21/2019 and 11:59:59 pm PST 1/31/2020 or while supplies last."

I bought the Quest a few days before 11/21 so I was wondering if that would matter since it still won't be opened and registered until 12/25(?)
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 325
    Trinity
    There are full T&Cs here https://www.oculus.com/legal/quest-vader-immortal-bundle-offer/

It does look as though it still needs to be activated within 30 days of purchase to qualify. 
    NerveGear
    Thanks again...Hopefully Oculus will give a little slack on the registration fine print!
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 377
    Trinity
    edited December 4
    mightym7 said:
    Thanks again...Hopefully Oculus will give a little slack on the registration fine print!
    I wouldn't take that chance. If you bought it on 11/21 and you don't set it up and register it until 12/25, you will technically be over the month period, and you technically bought it before the date of the promotion. Why not just open it up and register it now, and put the content on it, and see what happens?

If you check now, you can see if they will allow you the promo even if you didn't buy it in between the dates that are listed. If they don't give you the promo, you can simply send it back and order a new one now, and it will qualify for the promotional offer.

You have 30 days, no questions asked, so personally, I would work this out now.
    NerveGear
    As much as I hate to open it before my son does, that's actually a really good idea...Thanks! Once other little detail I didn't mention earlier is that I actually bought it from Newegg.com rather than directly from Oculus, so I'm not sure if that will throw a wrench in the engine or invalidate anything. Guess we'll see!