New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

quest won't cast to iPhone or iPad

lawless116lawless116 Posts: 1
NerveGear
I keep getting the message "the headset was not found nearby" i have been unable to connect it one time since owning the device the past week. I have google wifi router and don't know if its something to do with that but i have tried everything i know to fix it. Anybody else have suggestions? And yes they are both on the same network.

Comments

• SteveG7RTASteveG7RTA Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    I presume your google WiFi router is a mesh router?
    well that’s the problem then. I don’t have much experience with mesh router’s myself but many others on this forum have had the same problem.

when you said both your Quest & ipad are on the same network, they might be... but are they on the same band? (5ghz or 2.4ghz). For most router’s, the simple solution is to make sure both bands have a different SSID. However, with a mash router you can’t rename the bands & have no control over which band you will connect to. This means your Quest could be on 2.4 & your ipad could be on 5ghz.

i personally can’t help you if this is the case (other than suggesting a different router) but hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion.

- Steve