cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A quote on TV made me smile.

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
There was a TV programme on earlier to do with Repo men, and when one of them was talking to the camera, and going on about youngsters getting out and doing something, he said (approximately, this is from memory):

"I don't know what it'll be like in a hundred years from now. You'll tell them to go out and do something with themselves, and they'll have something on their face (mimes holding something up to his eyes), and say 'I am, I'm in Jamaica right now' ".

Made me smile - replace "100 years" with "now", and "Jamaica" with "Tuscany", and he'd have been spot on. There are a lot of people out there that don't have a clue what's just around the corner.
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.
1 REPLY 1

360FOV
Honored Guest
That's hilarious!

I just saw this youtube video where a 2 year old kid thinks he is looking at the moon with a rift on. I guess the future is here already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwvrroGL40
“My ally is the Force. Life creates it, makes it grow. It’s energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock…everywhere!"