New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus tells me that my card does not meet minimum requirements - my card is a GTX 1660 Super.

warlockobowarlockobo Posts: 2
NerveGear
I use the Oculus Quest with a link (not the official link, just a $20 cable from Amazon that works). I was previously using a 1050 ti which actually ran many of the games, and upgraded to a 1660 Super to run them, well.. better. I also read that the GTX 16- series was supported, so figured the 1660 super fell under this. Despite this, Oculus tells me that my card does not meet the minimum requirements. Is my graphics card even supported? Does it actually not meet the requirements, or is this an error?

Comments

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 661
    Neo
    It could possibly be an error, I read another post in this forum where somewhere got the same error message. The specs they stated all seemed to meet the minimum Link recommended requirements. Does your CPU, RAM etc meet the requirements? 

You could try contacting Oculus for clarification https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    You can live chat with them if available by clicking the green icon on bottom right. 
  • warlockobowarlockobo Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yeah everything meets the minimum. What's weird is that when I had my 1050 Ti hooked up, I didn't get this message, despite it not being officially supported for the link.
  • enigma01enigma01 Posts: 661
    Neo
    Yeah that does seem weird, the other person also had a GTX 16 series GPU. The Oculus site says ‘NVIDIA GeForce GTX 16-series(all)’. I take that as all variants within the series and either desktop or mobile. 
    It would be interesting to know what Oculus says, so if you contact them please let us know! 
  • rockye64rockye64 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem and have an active ticket to resolve.  I will post the resolution (if there is one) to this thread
  • ElDoccoElDocco Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I checked with support, they don't have a solution but are happy to know if I find one :D funny lot. It's not yet whitelisted. I read in another thread, that there is a regedit workaround issued by one support rep, but it isn't described and apparently this arcane knowledge is lost to them.
  • OH_That_GuyOH_That_Guy Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had the same problem but this just worked for me. Tried to play Elder scrolls and got an error message that a bunch of files went missing from the MS visual C++ redistributables. Go to apps/programs and files and select each C++ redist and select change/modify and run repairs on all of them. The headset runs fine now. Oculus still occasionally wines saying that my system doesn't meet the minimums but all my games run perfectly fine anyway.