cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share DLNA-shared photos and videos to two Oculus Go?

ksdehoff
Honored Guest
I haven't come up with a simple way for 2d and 3d videos between two oculus go - I'd like to be able to talk through a slideshow from our recent travels while two of us are watching.  Everything I've tried so far has failed.

#1 sideloaded Kodi into the Oculus TV app - but when inviting someone to a party, unknown source apps aren't available
#2 Oculus Gallery - loaded a couple pictures and apps to dropbox - the video would never play (audio would) - and this requires an internet connection ;(
#2 Oculus Gallery - plays DLNA sources great - until you invite someone into a party, then the only available sources are commercial internet providers.
#3 bigscreen - created a room and could share but the quality was very poor and when I switched to sbs video - nothing displayed

Riftmax seems to come the closest to what I would like - two media players getting 'synced' on playing the same dlna source object - seems simple enough, I was wondering if I'm missing something.

Thanks for the help - I've had the go for about 4 days and haven't gotten anywhere with it.
1 REPLY 1

ksdehoff
Honored Guest
For anyone else looking to do this, I've landed on using Plex Media Server with DLNA enabled.  The Plex VR app has a feature called 'watch together' that works.  While not DLNA it works well and the Plex local media server can also serve via DLNA to other clients in the house.  The downside is that one plex pass is required to make this happen.