cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on the Oculus app "Health and Safety" video

yoogerman
Explorer
Hey guys, I was originally able to set up my Oculus Rift S perfectly fine on my PC. I did all the steps and great, I then was able to play some tutorial games Oculus has on the VR games library and the Virtual world was in my grasp. Then I try to connect my Oculus account to steam VR to play a steam game with my Oculus Rift S and then my problems begin. I was able to connect my account to steam and all that but then a Health and Safety video popped up on my screen from the Oculus app. Knowing that I didn't really care to watch it i try to skip it or exit out of it, I can't fully remember. but after whatever I did, I opened up the Oculus app again and see that the Health and Safety video is still trying to make me watch it, I wouldn't mind that the app is making me watch it but my problem is that it will not let me watch it. Some glitch in the system will not let me click the "NEXT" button as you can see in the picture below and I can not click the play button either. I did notice something strange with this glitch, When I moved my mouse to the right of 0:55 on the video bit my mouse had the animation of being able to click, you know, the pointy finger. the sad part is that when I click, nothing happens and I am left with a glitch in the app and I can't do anything. I looked at other discussions on the Oculus support site and found that there are other people out there with my problem, only about 18 or 19 people have said that they had this problem too but I am sure others have had issues with this as well. I have uninstalled the Oculus app three times to fix this problem and every time it comes back with this POP UP of the HEALTH AND SAFETY VIDEO!!! Other people have followed the guides of some others who have fixed their problem and tried to help the ones who still have the problem but still can't fix it. Why are the users of Oculus left to fend for themselves and get no assistance from the Devs. All I ask is for the Dev team to recognise this problem and fix it so I can play this $399 Rift S, so other people can play it too! 8q2cze0avr65.png
6 REPLIES 6

Red_Lister
Honored Guest
Have exactly this issue. Setup was normal (firmware upgrade completed, did the hand controller exercise, etc, and was looking forward to getting into DCS on Steam. No VR display, so I restarted the PC. Now, all I get is the reminder to read the Health & Safety Manual. The NEXT button is greyed out. Re-install/Repair gets me to the same spot. No options or menus are available.
Headset displays message "Your device setup is still in progress. Please continue setting up on your computer".

Bronix_Qc
Honored Guest
I am also plagued by this issue... I bought a Rift S that I received literally 3 days ago. The first night I got it I installed the oculus app without any issues and started the setup until I got to the "Intro game" with the small bot, but it was getting late so I turned off the light and realised the headset didn't work without any light source (sent me back to the Guardian setup, which I just closed and went to bed). On day 2 of owning the Rift S I had a small glitch with the guardian setup, caused by my last use, but I managed to get it to work again by redoing the Setup. Today I start my PC and the Rift S is "Connected and Active" in the app but with an "X" in a red circle next to it; it was asking me to restart the oculus app, so I did. Like 10 times. So after restarting my pc and the app a couple more times I started checking the settings in the oculus app, searching for a clue or something to help and I noticed that in the settings there was "Rift and Touch Health and Safety" which was toggled ON and "Rift S and Touch Health and Safety" which was turned OFF. Thought it was weird since I have a Rift S so I turned ON the "Rift S and Touch H&S" and tried to turn OFF the "Rift and Touch H&S" but it wouldn't let me toggle it off. So now all Health and Safety Notice have been turned on and I can't toggle it off, so I tried restarting the oculus app, which lead me directly into the Health and Safety glitch that we are all having right now. Awesome. I also tried repairing/reinstalling the app and I get back to the same screen. Honestly I have never seen an app that is so fragile and buggy, it's seriously a total mess. Glitch and mishaps that locks you out of the app and make you unable to use the product you paid for is major, and it should be looked into. Get more devs to work on Oculus software, seriously.

TL;DR : Exactly the same bug here.

Red_Lister
Honored Guest
Got it back working, but it was a struggle!
Here's what I did, it might work for you:
Uninstall Oculus via the tool (I also used CCleaner to make sure). Clean the Registry (CCleaner removes traces), then use Explorer or similar and search for all Oculus*.*  files & folders - delete them (there will be a lot). As far as I could tell, that got rid of everything. Then I restarted the Oculus.com/setup and downloaded the whole thing again. Took me several attempts but finally it seemed to work.
They should make a better uninstall tool, and also allow you to save the main download - it's a real pain downloading the whole install package everytime (7.34 GB?).
Anyway, spent some time with the tutorial and the VR desktop - it was worth the effort (assuming it doesn't all go south as soon as I try to do something more useful!). Good luck guys & hope it can get reset for you.

AndrewTEC12
Honored Guest
same issue

InnovatorMan
Honored Guest
I can play for 3 days
I surveyed settings regarding health and safety warnings. I moved my options back and forth on this page And I click Close on the health and safety window. Restarting the computer did not go away.
For VR glasses showing up on a black screen, the message "Your device setup is still in progress. Please continue with setup on your computer, then you'll be ready for VR."

**Removing and reinstalling in the normal way does not fix the problem.**
 :'( :'( :'(
I will try again using the method of Red_Lister.
After 1 hour....
Red_Lister's method can fix the problem.
🙂 🙂 🙂 
o82ry2kavsm1.png

Schnitzelbrain
Honored Guest
In this post the solution is descriped. Just doing it myself.