New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Ghosting issue with Rift S

santtu.suojanensanttu.suojanen Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hi,
I bought Oculus Rift S a week ago and everything was working fine until now. I am having this huge ghosting problem on white surfaces when I turn my head around.
It's most noticeable on white text and images. Some game menus are basically unusable because of this. Weird thing is that if I press oculus
home button while in game for example in Beat Saber where the ghosting is most obvious on menu, then beat saber menu wont ghost but oculus home menu will. Same thing happens with other games too, they ghost but when I press oculus home button and oculus home menu appears on my screen then games stop ghosting on background but oculus menu will.

Comments

• santtu.suojanensanttu.suojanen Posts: 3
    NerveGear

It's something like this. Ghosting effect is just slightly dimmer and not that bright. 
  • OculusSupportOculusSupport Posts: 582 Oculus Staff
    Hey, try removing unnecessary USB devices as it can sometimes be caused by USB bandwidth. If it persists, create a ticket at https://support.oculus.com.
  • santtu.suojanensanttu.suojanen Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks for answer but it didn't help. There is now annoying god ray problems as well. I created ticket to oculus support and let's hope they have fix to my problem. Otherwise I think I need replacement to my Rift S. 
  • KIL0111KIL0111 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited January 28
    I created ticket to oculus support and let's hope they have fix to my problem. Otherwise I think I need replacement to my Rift S. 
    I’m having a similar issue but with the quest. Along with several other quest owners. Curious to see if you’ve found a solution or if your issue has been resolved.