New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

[Rift S Review] From CV1 to S

Hi all,
time to spend my 2 cent on a small review.
In the past weeks I've read a lot of review focused on "from CV1 to S worth it?", and now that I took the S from Amazon on Black Friday with 50euro discount, I can post my consideration.
I have the CV1 since something like "day 1" (maybe day "2" let me say).
I saw all the software evolution, I remember every single update and phase of the CV1 history, the bad updates and the good one.
Oculus effort was AMAZING during the last years, so massive improvements was done since the day one! 
Now, the S come out. I've read all the review and basically the "CONS" considered by most of that review is:

1) no OLED, so black is not black but "greysh";
2) audio quality from the "non-headphones;
3) sensors tracking sometimes not perfect (latest updates should mitigate/fix this);

My "S" arrived last Saturday at me. I was excited, not like the first day with the CV1, but excited.
Package is really good, let me say that CV1 was AWESOME, but the S one is really good. But we don't care about the package...right?
So, connecting the S to the PC (i7 6700k, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti)...Oculus Home didn't open itself as I expect. Mmm. I open it manually.
Ok! Found the Rift S! It ask me firmware and driver updates. Let's do this. It takes a long time, after some Oculus Home restart...it ask me to...restart Oculus Software. Again. And again. And again. And again.
Ok. Shit. Maybe a clean Oculus installation is preferred. I can accept this since I never needed to re-install it clean since CV1 "bug" a long time ago (do you remember that update? :) ).
Ok, clean install! Insert Rift "S"..."can't track your movement" (or something like that...) and again, ask me for software restart loop.
So angry. It takes me hours on this, then after "usb out/in" and "display port out/in"...SBAM! It works! Finally! I can try it!

I'll be very short:

1) OMG...that's CRISP. I can finally rad every single row of text! It's AMAZING from CV1 experience! WOW!
2) Colors are OK, let me say, I can't tell you if there's some difference from CV1 on this...really.
3) Black: meh...I think this is the major big problem (after the software and connection...that is THE major). For many games/experience is fine. For example, on daytime in Pavlov VR or Onward, it's really fantastic...you'll don't miss the OLED "true" black. But...in the dark scene...you'll miss it. A lot. This will break your experience. On Arizona Sunshine dark scene for example, Onward night time (without night vision on, of course). On Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa you can notice it, but it's not so important as I could expect. It's OK. Just OK. Not so bad on that kind of game. Vader Immortal instead break your immersion a lot cause the dark environment around you.
4) Audio: OMG. Why? Why Oculus decide to go with this SHIT instead of the "near-perfect" headphones in the CV1? Because I can't give to this other name other than shit. It's pure shit. Lack in bass. In clarity. In dynamics. It lacks everything you could expect for a GOOD audio experience. You need the headphones in order to avoid any nausea and so I tried it with my small AKG K328 earphones. But the problem is that every time you put your Rift S on, you need to insert the earphones. And again, when you take it out, the same. Annoying as hell.
5) Refresh rate: for the most part, I can't notice difference from CV1 90hz to Rift S 80Hz. Most, but not all. It works fine for Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa where I originally expect issues. It's fine. I can't believe but I don't notice so much difference. In Onward, by the way, it's MASSIVE difference. Rift S movement it's bad against CV1 "perfection". Very strange, tried several time but that's it. Annoying. 
6) Tracking: sensors are the only issue that sometimes the CV1 gives to me so I was really excited from inside tracking of Rift S! Ok, it's fine for most of games like Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. Let me say, it's fine for all games without the touch needed. Because the touch movement it's not good as the CV1. A lot. In Onward for example gun/rifle movements are not natural at all. In CV1 it's almost perfect, in Rift S so disappointing. Also, you need the full lights on in the room, if you lower it the tracking simply stops working at all. I've read so many reviews and most of all says that the latest updates improved this a lot, I tried the beta update channel of course but it's simply not working as good as CV1. No near miss, but very distant from the CV1.
7) Comfort: I think this is personal, but for me the CV1 it's so much better in comfort and easy to put in/out.

So that's it.I love the screen resolution and sharpness. It's night and day from CV1, for sure. The sound it's so awful but ok, you can use your headphones. 
The refresh rate can be "good" for 90% of games. The "true black" lacks too. 
But the software...the drivers...OMG...this is a nightmare. Why? Why Oculus???

Final consideration: probably I will return it to Amazon due to connection issues. I don't want to fight everytime I want to play
For 10 mins play you need 30mins fight with connection. Unacceptable.
I hope they'll fix this issue, otherwise Rift S is already dead.

After connection...I think that if you come from CV1, the Rift S it's simply not your way to go. If you played a lot like me in the CV1, black lacks, refresh rate and tracking will make too much impact on your experience.
But, if you're new to VR, Rift S will be AMAZING experience because you cannot compare it to the CV1 experience.

P.S.: after 2 days of play, I took back the CV1 for comparison. Simply put the USB and HDMI. It works like a charm. At first try. CV1, my old love, missed you so much.

Comments

• MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 503
    Neo
    I bought the Oculus Quest, and the sound, like you said, is “shit.” The unit itself is amazing and I’m happy with it, but you are right.. The sound in the CV1 is amazing compared to the sound of the Quest, and Rift S too it seems. 

Don’t buy the Oculus Earbuds because they are “shit” too. No bass, and they sound terrible. I’m using my iPhone headset until I find something that works. 

I bought the Valve Index, and the sound is so amazing. Oculus dropped the ball with sound. 
  • xWildchildxxWildchildx Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    Maxxgold said:
    I bought the Oculus Quest, and the sound, like you said, is “shit.” The unit itself is amazing and I’m happy with it, but you are right.. The sound in the CV1 is amazing compared to the sound of the Quest, and Rift S too it seems. 

Don’t buy the Oculus Earbuds because they are “shit” too. No bass, and they sound terrible. I’m using my iPhone headset until I find something that works. 

I bought the Valve Index, and the sound is so amazing. Oculus dropped the ball with sound. 
    Thanks for your feedback, after the Link cable launch I was afraid of my decision thinking about "Quest would be a better choice with Link supporto to PC".

Actually I think that the Valve Index should be the only real upgrade from CV1, but it doesn't exists on Amazon here in Italy and I don't want to buy it directly from Steam due to return policy.
    I would try it before spend so much money, I'm worried about black level on Index due to non-OLED display.
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 4,572 Valuable Player
    It works like a charm. At first try. CV1, my old love, missed you so much.

I get that too coming from the Index - but I like having 2 hmds, each have their own strengths and weaknesses. And Index has even better tracking than CV1 - and sound is often better, but that'll depend on the bass. 

Sometimes I forget I've disconnected to CV1 when starting the Oculus software and I get the notification that my hmd can't be found - then I just activate the usb connection and voila CV1 is back, no need to reboot, CV1 gets detected just like inserting a usb drive. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,296 Valuable Player
    Regarding the black levels, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You get used to it.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • pevidespevides Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Oculus connection could be so simple.. so simple... but no. They have to mess up with all the DRM bullsh*t and stuff, ruining de experience to everybody.
  • Dominyque_WaterblowDominyque_Waterblow Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    After years of drolling on this technology(i'm that kind of person that spend time looking for new technology in some remote areas of the net), i've finnally got my hands on a used Rift Cv1 (last one Vr Headset i've tried was the Dk2 in a videogame museum in Rome)..........I'M LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH THAT! I had only the chance to use it for like 5 minutes (i was at my friend's home, my gpu is not supported and the new one is waiting for me to install it while i'm writing this) everything was super.......WOW and, btw i wear glasses, so i've tried it without and still think was a great experience! I can't wait to put it on again and start doing some serious work in VR!
    After years of drolling on this technology(i'm that kind of person that spend time looking for new technology in some remote areas of the net), i've finnally got my hands on a used Rift Cv1 (last one Vr Headset i've tried was the Dk2 in a videogame museum in Rome)..........I'M LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH THAT! I had only the chance to use it for like 5 minutes (i was at my friend's home, my gpu is not supported and the new one is waiting for me to install it while i'm writing this) everything was super.......WOW and, btw i wear glasses, so i've tried it without and still think was a great experience! I can't wait to put it on again and start doing some serious work in VR!
    Welcome, you may indeed find that CV1 across all genres of apps and games, and with more limited gpu ressources, still is the optimal hmd. I use it myself and just bought a spare one ;)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• NetheriNetheri Posts: 348
    Trinity
    After reading this thread it really is making me now to decide, should i just buy a working spare somewhere or wait for the 2nd gen. Over 1k€ from the 1.5 gen devices seems really too much, and as the Quest with Link and S seem to be struggling with almost every software update (and S not having the manual IPD setting) the ½k€ also seems quite a lot of money to be spend when, as said in the earlier post in this thread, the sound is shit (and the tracking just can't beat the outside camera tracking on controllers, until there is a controllers which has their own tracking camera).

Personally i really can't understand why Facebook dropped the sound we accustomed in CV1 from the 1.5 gen step forwards, losing an edge there against the competitors (of course it's the money, cheaper to produce, more profit/sell but shit, that was one of the benefits of Oculus; great sounds out of the box).
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!
  • BlackPixel_BlackPixel_ Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for this very honest review. 
    I'll certainly wait for the RIFT 2 and I wished they'd just create it inhouse like the CV1.
    The Valve Index is just too unreasonable for me. 1K for a headset monitor. 
    They should have at least gave CV1 owners some kind of way to purchase and replace the lens.  

MSI X299 PRO / Intel® Core i7-9800X 8 Core W/HYPERTHREADING 3.5GHZ-4.40 TURBO / 32GB Extreme DDR4 2666MHz Memory / RTX 2070 SUPER / 

• Umpa_PCUmpa_PC Posts: 336
    Art3mis
    edited February 14
    Netheri said:
    Personally i really can't understand why Facebook dropped the sound we accustomed in CV1 from the 1.5 gen step forwards, losing an edge there against the competitors (of course it's the money, cheaper to produce, more profit/sell but shit, that was one of the benefits of Oculus; great sounds out of the box).
    Oculus have made VR more affordable, so more people than ever are taking up the hobby.  For the hardcore enthusiast there are other HMD's available from other companies.  Whist Oculus should still provide accessories for the CV1 - and its unforgivable that they don't and I feel for you guys but they don't & thats the reality of the situation. 

FWIW I think the Rift S is a great HMD and have very few problems with it.  Would have been better at half the price :)
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    Oculus Quest 128GB (Loving it too)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Oculus app version 14.0.0.83.710 (14.0.0.83.710)
    Trinity
    Umpa_PC said:

FWIW I think the Rift S is a great HMD and have very few problems with it.  Would have been better at half the price :)
    Yeah, i could've considered it as a next hmd for me, but my IPD is 68 and i wouldn't like to take risk that my eyes couldn't handle the 62.5 maximum on those. :/ Although, the different bugs mentioned also on Rift S on these and Reddit forums I'm a bit satisfied i didn't take the risk. 
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
  • Ray_SoverRay_Sover Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    edited February 14
    Netheri said:
    Yeah, i could've considered it as a next hmd for me, but my IPD is 68 and i wouldn't like to take risk that my eyes couldn't handle the 62.5 maximum on those. 

I don't know where you're getting the 62.5mm maximum from. The fixed optical IPD of the Rift S is 63.5mm. Facebook recommend a user range of 61.5 to 65.5mm for optimal performance. The software adjustment range is 58 to 72mm, although I'm not too sure how well it works in reality toward the extremes as I sit pretty much in the middle at 64mm.
    Intel i7-6700K OCed to 4.7GHz (all cores) @ 1.35V with Corsair Hydro H60 Rev.2 liquid cooling | Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 OCed to 1.5GHz base clock @ 1V | 16GB (2x 8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4-3333 CL16 RAM | Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3 motherboard | Win10 Pro 64-bit on 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD on PCIe3.0 x4 | Corsair RM750x PSU | Oculus Rift S
    Trinity
    Well, 1mm there or there. However, from reading the user experiences from forums other half says (with wider IPD) that "no problem" and the other half says "can't play long", "getting eye/headache" etc. So, not taking a risk as i don't have option to try S in any local shop where i live. If i had the option to try S somewhere and it would've been good for my eyes, i might have bouhgt it as a replacement for CV1. However, seeing the many problems too outside the IPD thing on forums just is the message for _me_ not to buy 1.5 gen devices. Others for their problems, others for their price.  
    Brain Burst
    Netheri said:
    Well, 1mm there or there.  
    It's actually nearly 1cm difference, but never mind.
    Intel i7-6700K OCed to 4.7GHz (all cores) @ 1.35V with Corsair Hydro H60 Rev.2 liquid cooling | Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 OCed to 1.5GHz base clock @ 1V | 16GB (2x 8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4-3333 CL16 RAM | Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3 motherboard | Win10 Pro 64-bit on 500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe SSD on PCIe3.0 x4 | Corsair RM750x PSU | Oculus Rift S
    Trinity
    What you mean? :D 1cm is 10mm. IPD of 62.5mm is 6.25cm 63.5mm is 6.35cm. :D At least in the metric system what is used in the country I'm living in. By the way the IPD in S is _fixed_ 64mm, and the software IPD setting 58-72 isn't even nearly comparable with the manual IPD setting. Here's somehing from the Palmer Luckey himself about the Rift S : http://palmerluckey.com/i-cant-use-rift-s-and-neither-can-you/

Art3mis
    Netheri said:
    What you mean? :D 1cm is 10mm. IPD of 62.5mm is 6.25cm 63.5mm is 6.35cm. :D At least in the metric system what is used in the country I'm living in. By the way the IPD in S is _fixed_ 64mm, and the software IPD setting 58-72 isn't even nearly comparable with the manual IPD setting. Here's somehing from the Palmer Luckey himself about the Rift S : http://palmerluckey.com/i-cant-use-rift-s-and-neither-can-you/

Its a funny old world, I did not even know about IPD when I bought the Rift S, I just kept altering it up and down until it looked the best it could.  When I got the Quest, I set up the IPD as per instructions, and it said I had an IPD of 64.  So I am not the best guy to listen to when I say its very clear and Sharp!  the display is much better than the Quest is apart from the OLED display is more colourful and better gamma, but unless you swap between the two it fine.

I have never owned a CV1, but if its on a par with the quest (and the quest is not bad by any means) then the Rift S will impress with its visuals I can barely see the pixels.

As for problems, The only ones I have had is the Display Port not found, that I fix by unplugging the USB and basically plug it back in again.  No tracking issues, or anything really - all the software updates have gone tickety boo as well.  

I once bought a car and then went on to a forum and found it was the worlds worst car.  10 Years on I still have it, and thats the thing with forums, seems everyone who has XXX comes on a forum and moans about it.

I know I sound like a fanboy, but the truth is - its been brill, right from the fast shipping.
    I say - try it - if you don't you will never know.
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Trinity
    @Umpa_PC i get what you're saying but as i don't have any means to test the product anywhere without the purchase and there's much of the different problems on forums (as there's been also on Quest and there's been with the CV1) it's just too much at least for me. And i guess you did at least _test_ drive your car before you bought it? ;)
    Art3mis
    Netheri said:
    @Umpa_PC i get what you're saying but as i don't have any means to test the product anywhere without the purchase and there's much of the different problems on forums (as there's been also on Quest and there's been with the CV1) it's just too much at least for me. And i guess you did at least _test_ drive your car before you bought it? ;)
    Yes good point, I bought with confidence knowing that the distance selling regulations meant if the Rift S was a bag of poop I could send it back for a refund.   Don't you have anything like that in your country ?
    Oculus Rift S (love it)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Trinity
    @Umpa_PC wiser from the accidents i rather buy some products only after i've tested them. 
    Brain Burst
    Netheri said:
    What you mean? :D 1cm is 10mm.

I know. I just wasn't sure that you knew when you stated that the maximum IPD for the Rift S is 62.5mm when it's actually 72mm.
    Trinity
    Actual maximum IPD is fixed 64mm. Software IPD range is not something what's the actual IPD range with moving lenses would be. But i get your point @Ray_Sover.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,931 Valuable Player
    edited February 15
    I'll be buying another Oculus CV1 if the current CV1 goes kaput and I'm forced into getting another VR headset. Oculus themselves admitted the Rift S was not an upgrade to the CV1, so I'll wait for the updated one to hopefully arrive. Give me something like a Rift S Pro with 2k per eye displays and headphones and I'll purchase it tomorrow.
    Trinity
    @RedRizla i'm going for the same road. Unless i win in lottery and then i'll jump to Valves train while still waiting for the real 2nd gen.
    edited February 15
    @Netheri - I just hope Oculus continue software support for CV1 and outside in tracking until that something does come along.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,060 Valuable Player
    RedRizla said:
    I'll be buying another Oculus CV1 if the current CV1 goes kaput and I'm forced into getting another VR headset. Oculus themselves admitted the Rift S was not an upgrade to the CV1, so I'll wait for the updated one to hopefully arrive. Give me something like a Rift S Pro with 2k per eye displays and headphones and I'll purchase it tomorrow.
    Goodness I think my Rift S looks way better than my CV1.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    edited February 15
    dburne said:
    RedRizla said:
    Goodness I think my Rift S looks way better than my CV1.

Yeah, but I like the blacks in the CV1, headphones and the tracking. Depends what you like the most I guess and there the things I like most. I also have a HP Reverb for Sims and 2k per eye is where VR needs to be right now imo. That's if you want VR looking near enough to a 1080p monitor in VR. Sadly - HP Reverb isn't great for room scale though due to having just 2 camera's.
    edited February 16
    CV1 really needs to use ss 2.0 to reduce the blur as much as possible, so when someone says that one hmd is much better than CV1 without specifying ss level it does not really provide me with much info - and the same logic really applies to using lcd hmds - always remember to mention the ss levels used (Index res 100% is extremely much different from res 200%). 
    I think CV1 ss 2.0 in some games looks more sharp than Index res 100%. CV1 ss 2.0 vs Index res 100% is a clear win for CV1 in Stormland, but that's also due to temporal antialiasing (CV1) vs. SMAA (Index). Using CV1 ss 2.0 I was watching some birds fly at a long distance in Saints and Sinners yesterday, and although the SDE and res could be better the birds were really sharp and clearly delineated against the sky - also the cable lines looked unbelievable thin, but still were clearly defined like 50-100m away as they vanished into the horizon. But in the very long distance and when increasing res Index wins bigtime in bright conditions, and when ultra-high-res textures are used Index has no competition, but so far only Boneworks seems to qualify for such textures. Lcd also wins big in bright games like Lucky's Tale and Pistol Whip, especially due to SDE - but also in sharpness when you start to increase ss a lot (I use res 200% in several Index games and still get solid 90 fps - in fact even in Boneworks).  
    When the darkness comes CV1 has little competition from lcd hmds. Went directly from Index to CV1 yesterday after testing voice immersion in Saints and Sinners, and no matter how I set brightness levels in-game, this game at night is completely ruined using lcd.
    But you might never know if you have not directly compared using CV1 ss 2.0 (or similar oled hmds, but you really need asw 2.0 when pushing Ultra settings and ss 2.0 in Saints & Sinners - maybe not if you have a 2080 Ti, but I don't think 2080 is enough in all locations). 
    And don't get me started about lcd hmds and temporal antialiasing again, lol - although I do love that subject ;)
    Lcd hmds may be the future, when games are made from the ground up using lcd hmds - optimizing brightness levels for lcd hmds. And when getting rid of temporal antialiasing completely - but we're far from there yet. And even when/if we get there, there will still be tons of older VR games optimized for oled hmds. Having a nice CV1 at hand (or Quest Link) doesn't seem like a bad idea for the next years. 

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,060 Valuable Player
    Yeah in addition to my Rift S I also still have my CV1, and also have Quest with Link.
    I like the Quest for some games that have more darker areas, like Vader Immortal. Have also used Quest with LInk with Asgard's Wrath which looks really good in it. 
    CV1 though has been officially retired and is put away in it's box.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
    Art3mis
    dburne said:
    Yeah in addition to my Rift S I also still have my CV1, and also have Quest with Link.
    I like the Quest for some games that have more darker areas, like Vader Immortal. Have also used Quest with LInk with Asgard's Wrath which looks really good in it. 
    I only have RiftS and Quest.  Can you give a comparison between the Quest display and the CV1 for me plz.  I would like to know what the differences are and in your opinion which has the better display.  I'm not talking about graphics as the PC will be better, but I mean clarity colour and perceived resolution.
    Cheers

Oculus Rift S (love it)
    MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK 
    Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz
    GTX 1050 Ti (4GB)
    16 GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    1TB SSD
    Umpa_PC said:
    dburne said:
    I only have RiftS and Quest.  Can you give a comparison between the Quest display and the CV1 for me plz.  I would like to know what the differences are and in your opinion which has the better display.  I'm not talking about graphics as the PC will be better, but I mean clarity colour and perceived resolution.
    Cheers

Basically Oculus Quest will be good for games that have a lot of dark scenes because the Oculus Quest uses Oled displays and Oled is much better at producing blacks then Lcd display's. The Rift S uses Lcd displays that have got more pixles which means less screen door effect, but it isn't as good at producing blacks like Oled displays. So in day scenes the Rift S will look better, but in dark scenes the Oculus Quest would look better due to having better blacks.