cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 Incompatible USB port

TheMr_Bean
Honored Guest
So I recently bought the Oculus Rift S and as soon as I unpackaged it I went into the Oculus app to set it up. It took me a few tries to get it working and I noticed every so often it would tell me that the USB port was incompatible. I should also note that I was making sure to plug it into my USB 3.0 ports, but it gave me the same issues. Anyways, I finally got it to work and started playing around with it, all was fine. Until out of nowhere, my headset just went black. I restarted my computer and started up the Oculus app again and plugged my Rift S in but this time, no matter what I do, it will always tell me I have an incompatible USB port. I tried reconnecting the port on the headset itself, but that didn't help. I downloaded the debugging kit from Microsoft and used the usbview to see exactly what was happening. It appears that when I plug the USB 3.0 from the Oculus into my PC it connects to USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller and it's detected at Port3 named "Rift S USB Hub", which it says to be USB 3.0. Though I noticed it is also connected to Port1 under "Generic USB Hub" in Port2 which has the same name of Rift S USB Hub. The thing is, is that this USB port is only USB 2.0. 

I would love any help I could get thank you!w7rxz25qa3zb.pngx4xu0i6rmsdn.png
5 REPLIES 5

Robo_toe
Honored Guest
I have the same problem too, but the problem is in tracking setup rather then the first setup with display port. 

Raveston
Honored Guest
This is also happening to me. It is plugged into my blue 3.0 slots but doesn't recognize them

DashielHamet
Honored Guest
i have problem, USB 3.0 port  "is incompatible"  and no way ... ( " i-tec, 4x USB3.0, PCI-e " )

Helcion
Expert Protege
Buy a usb card from Amazon. The name is inateck. Those should be compatible.

terry.landis.3572
Honored Guest