New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I saw this video

bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,148 Valuable Player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3RIHnK0_NE&feature=emb_logo

and thought it was a technically cool piece of CGI but was clearly fake. (even before the end)
Then i watched this............ and suddenly the top video does not seem so far fetched

ps anthropomorphism IS a real thing.... In that 2nd vid I find myself feeling uncomfortable watching the robot being pushed around...... now that is a bit screwed up.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)

Comments

• kojackkojack Posts: 6,171 Volunteer Moderator

ps anthropomorphism IS a real thing.... In that 2nd vid I find myself feeling uncomfortable watching the robot being pushed around...... now that is a bit screwed up.
    At a show not too long ago the presenter from Boston Dynamics said they were no longer allowed to push the robots around because people didn't like it.

I was going to buy a Spot Mini (the yellow robot dog one), but when they released it they made it as lease only. I wanted to own it outright.
    I'm sure part of the contract would have prohibited me from mounting a little saddle on it so my nieces can ride it like a pony.

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,046 Valuable Player
    edited December 2019
    Yeh you push the bots around they are eventually going to snap and then that's how it all begins. 

However, the people moaning - bloody heck, get a grip it's testing to make the robot more stabilised and able to compute in various scenarios ie. to make them as human as possible. I guess the PC brigade's jobs aren't at risk here...yet.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.