New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Software Error During Installation "Sorry, We encountered an error during installation"

Platty_Platty_ Posts: 2
NerveGear
"please restart your computer and try running Oculus setup again." 
I've tried so many different solutions at this point I've lost track but from what I can remember, none of these worked.
  • Regedit permissions
  • Driver update
  • Different install locations
  • Enabling/Disabling firewall
  • Deleting Oculus folders
  • Other logical solutions
I am burnt out trying and waiting for the 10 minute install each time. If someone knows of something I haven't tried or knows definitively what this is then please help. If there is some sort of log file that would be helpful I'd be glad to grab that as well.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,752 Valuable Player
    Maybe try restoring your PC to a time just prior to your initial Oculus installation and try again.

Also, it's a good idea to initially unplug your headset and remove controller batteries while you do an initial installation.  Then just add them when asked to during your initial setup.  You may want to try this first.

Otherwise contact Oculus Support and see if they can walk you through all this.  There is a chat option that might be useful.  Good luck mate!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• Platty_Platty_ Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Maybe try restoring your PC to a time just prior to your initial Oculus installation and try again.

Also, it's a good idea to initially unplug your headset and remove controller batteries while you do an initial installation.  Then just add them when asked to during your initial setup.  You may want to try this first.

Otherwise contact Oculus Support and see if they can walk you through all this.  There is a chat option that might be useful.  Good luck mate!
    Christ. Thanks a lot man, All I had to do was unplug before I installed.