New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Go Firmware update 12 makes home screen look HORRIBLE!

dhldhl Posts: 6
NerveGear
My Go apparently updated last night and was crashed when I woke it up. I powered down and restarted, and now the home screen looks horrible! Tons of aliasing and moiré artifacts on what yesterday was a crisp, good-looking graphic. WTF? Oculus please fix this.

Comments

• XurxorXurxor Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same with my Go and after a while it does not power on, it is dead.
    No answer from Oculus support right now
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,733 Valuable Player
    I downloaded/installed a new 12.0 update today and everything looks fine to me.  Maybe go to your settings menu and check/download the latest update (if one is available).  Sometimes requires an extra restart to get everything to fully install.

The only thing I've noticed since 12.0 is that the background environments are not as crisp/clear as they used to be.  They sort of look like when you selected battery saving mode.  No big deal for me because I don't really think the background environments adds much anyway.  Everything else looks good-as or better (esp. the browser).

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.