New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Passthrough on demand

Icepick869Icepick869 Posts: 16
NerveGear
I've seen a number of people asking about Passthrough on demand and asked myself, with no reply. Maybe I can get a reply if it is its own discussion. 
Why isn't it available yet?

Comments

• taro0110taro0110 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I just bought a quest two days ago. I also strongly require passthrough on demand. Could someone tell us when it is released? I heard it was in the end of 2019.
  • taro0110taro0110 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I just found the way to use the passthrough, here it is. Click the oculus button and go back to Home menu. Then click the roomscale button which is up on the navigation tab so you are able to see around without taking off the HMD.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,121 Volunteer Moderator
    Yep, that's the only way to do it so far. The Quest REALLY should have the same ability as the Rift-S: double click home to get pass through.

My guess as to why they haven't is they don't want people (for safety reasons) walking around outside with pass through on. But I would say being able to quickly check your surroundings is even more important for a mobile headset.
  • Icepick869Icepick869 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    I've seen a number of people asking about Passthrough on demand and asked myself, with no reply. Maybe I can get a reply if it is its own discussion. 
    Why isn't it available yet?
    Still hearing crickets Oculus! 
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 152
    Art3mis
    No word on this yet, huh?
  • Icepick869Icepick869 Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    edited February 26
    JeffNik said:
    No word on this yet, huh?
    Dead silence. Shows the customer value doesn't it.
  • stim21stim21 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Gosh, this is needed badly and I was expecting it to be released by the end of last year. I swear that it was announced for a late 2019 release....
  • ShawnQuest3ShawnQuest3 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    According to Oculus, it's going to be added within this week.