Ok here we go…
I am having trouble with casting my headset to the TV. When I first got the headset in August of 2019, I had a chrome cast 3gen. I managed to cast my headset to the TV on a few occasions when I wanted to. I stopped playing for a few months and have since returned.
I thought it would be as easy as before to cast but no..
Its like the feature has fallen of the face of this earth…
I cannot get the chrome cast to appear in the app or the headset at all, not even a blink of hope.
My trouble shooting process:
· Make sure my phone, headset and Chromecast are connected to the same 2.4GHz band Wi-Fi. – DID NOT WORK
· Make sure my phone, headset and Chromecast are connected to the same 5GHz band Wi-Fi. – DID NOT WORK
· Factory reset the chrome cast. DID NOT WORK
· Uninstall the oculus app and reinstall it. DID NOT WORK
· Use a Different phone. DID NOT WORK
· Make sure mobile data is off. DID NOT WORK
· Make sure Bluetooth is on. DID NOT WORK
· Disconnect oculus account from phone and headset. DID NOT WORK
· Factory Reset Headset, uninstall app, factory reset chrome cast. Set it all back up. DID NOT WORK
· Check router settings and make sure IPV4 was running not IPV6. DID NOT WORK
· Make sure P2P connections are ok. DID NOT WORK
· Move the router closer. DID NOT WORK
· PURCHASE chrome cast ultra. Try both 2.4 and 5GHz bands again. DID NOT WORK
· Try ethernet with chrome cast ultra. DID NOT WORK
· REPLACEMENT HEADSET…… DID NOT WORK.
· Went to a friends house, with a different network…. DID NOT WORK
Am I missing something here…… I physically challenge an oculus quest developer to come to my house and try and make it cast on my TV…
NO I don’t want to cast to my phone! My family will not huddle around a 5 inch screen.
The fact that this feature has been taken OUT of its beta stage and is apparently a fully working tested feature is blowing my mind….
I will not be defeated by this and I WILL cast to my TV. And No I’m not using a 2nd gen chrome cast! Yes I have tried turning it on and off again! Unless customer support can provide me with something I haven’t tried yet I don’t really want to read it.
Surely the software just does not work? I have tried more than the average person could put up with and yet no luck.
I have attached some pictures of people with the same problem.
Sorry but its got to the point of frustration.
Help from a dev would be great.Ben G