New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Firmware and Driver Update Killed Assetto Corsa Competizione

McGyver43McGyver43 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited December 2019 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Understand, the performance issues with the latest firmware and drivers were identified prior to release. Why release this update when there are known issues with current games....You have killed my experience completely, game is unplayable, blurred, stutters and incredible lag....Please fix this!!

Rift S

Comments

• FatnSloFatnSlo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    Same. Please fix this.
  • Bysolon666Bysolon666 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same here too
  • rustedgunrustedgun Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yes...same here, PLEASE FIX
  • DiabhaldunDiabhaldun Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    You can revert the Oculus software manually. 

Binaries: drive_google_com/file/d/1dprJ7QxIzyzb4jZC-H-fQ_sRzOVCFA62/view (replace _ with . for the url)

1. Open task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and kill all three processes starting with OVR, start with the Redir one.
    2. Extract the binaries linked above into the Program Files/Oculus directory where they belong (at work atm, don't know the exact path but you'll recognise the correct path if the folders match with the ones in the zip file)
    3. Open command prompt (cmd) with administrator privileges (run as administrator)
    4. Copy paste the following into the command prompt: notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    5. Add the following line: 127.0.0.1 securecdn.oculus.com
    6. Save the file and exit.

This should stop the Oculus software from connecting to the internet and you are able to use 1.43 without performance issues while Oculus fixes their software. To revert the changes, simply remove the line and save the file.
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,828 Valuable Player
    edited December 2019
    I’d just go back to the original Assetto Corsa for now.  If you don’t have this it’s currently on sale at Steam for about $5. This works great in VR with the current PTC v12.0 update.  Just make sure in the AC settings you select Oculus Rift as your headset.  AC is a great racing sim and I have not seen any reason to upgrade to ACC.  Even less reason now thanks to your current reported problems with it, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• masterx1234masterx1234 Posts: 85
    Hiro Protagonist
    You can revert the Oculus software manually. 

Binaries: drive_google_com/file/d/1dprJ7QxIzyzb4jZC-H-fQ_sRzOVCFA62/view (replace _ with . for the url)

1. Open task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) and kill all three processes starting with OVR, start with the Redir one.
    2. Extract the binaries linked above into the Program Files/Oculus directory where they belong (at work atm, don't know the exact path but you'll recognise the correct path if the folders match with the ones in the zip file)
    3. Open command prompt (cmd) with administrator privileges (run as administrator)
    4. Copy paste the following into the command prompt: notepad C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    5. Add the following line: 127.0.0.1 securecdn.oculus.com
    6. Save the file and exit.

This should stop the Oculus software from connecting to the internet and you are able to use 1.43 without performance issues while Oculus fixes their software. To revert the changes, simply remove the line and save the file.
    Just a FYI this doesnt work anymore, You can replace the files for the runtime but the actual launcher still stays the same and OSVR server is the same. The launcher will still say its still version 12.0. I tried this with zero luck, the same stuttering issue is still there, This fix is probably just a placebo.
  • CMDRBeezleCMDRBeezle Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Just tried ACC and I'm also getting terrible performance, I noticed my frame rate is reporting 48-50fps, I tried manually (Ctrl+Num 3) turning on ASW as well as forcing it in the tray tool, but neither worked and the game still showed 48-50fps constantly.
    Just tried ACC and I'm also getting terrible performance, I noticed my frame rate is reporting 48-50fps, I tried manually (Ctrl+Num 3) turning on ASW as well as forcing it in the tray tool, but neither worked and the game still showed 48-50fps constantly.
    Why not stuff this for now and just go back the OG Assetto Corsa?  It's a great sim as well.  Plus, I assure you it works great in VR with the Oculus Rift (cv1 and S), even with the latest v 12.0 ptc update.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.

• CMDRBeezleCMDRBeezle Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    TomCgcmfc said:
    Why not stuff this for now and just go back the OG Assetto Corsa?  It's a great sim as well.  Plus, I assure you it works great in VR with the Oculus Rift (cv1 and S), even with the latest v 12.0 ptc update.
    Believe me I stuffed ACC a long time ago, I just come back to it when they do an update relating to VR, just to see if the blur is improved. I'm currently jumping between Raceroom and RFactor2 at the moment, with the odd Assetto Corsa session.

Sad thing is, ACC would probably be my go-to sim if it wasn't for the ghosting/blur.
  • andrea.kcugnataandrea.kcugnata Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    News about this problem?
    Looking at the ACC forum it seem that yesterdays 12.1 ptc update has fixed most problems.

• arag00rnarag00rn Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm also not able to play with both stable or Beta version. I'm using a Oculus Rift S with a RTX 2080 ti. No way to get more than 20 FPS. With old Assetto Corsa same story. Workaround is not help anymore.
    Also I don't know if is normal, but when I tried the Beta channel I'm getting SW version 13.0..and FW 2.2

Any advice ?
  • arag00rnarag00rn Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Dear All,

Am I the only one with this issue ?
    Even with Oculus App Version 14.0.0.140.710 it's not possible to play with more then 20 FPS.
  • LuciferZSTLuciferZST Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello
    I also use beta program  , my software (15.0.0.161.456)  . all whot I can get is 25fps in low/medium graphic , Super Sampling 150 and other settings to low  = 35 fps when everything is no sharp and look like crap , where is problem in ACC or meaby here .
    My spec the same like others , AMD 3700x , 2080ti OC
  • NetheriNetheri Posts: 369
    Trinity
    tldr but; HAve you guys tried with turning off the "adaptive gpu performance scale" from the Oculus Debug Tool and then tried to set the SS again? This feature or mostly it's not getting it's job done on the fly has made some huge lagging in Home 2 only. After disabling this you can find the right absolute maximum for the SS in OculusVR and in SteamVR games. Dunno is it enabled back on after update every time or does it help with the problem on these games but disabling it and finding the right SS after that solved my lagging problems.
    [email protected] 5/4.9GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , Corsair 32gb 3000MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z370 H Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1 USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card.
    Natively Homeless (2.0) Dash, it's a working victory!