New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Poor Hand Tracking.

danorumdanorum Posts: 5
NerveGear
Is it just me?  My hand tracking is very very poor. The hands are shaking and trembling all the time. I mean really shaking. The dot (made by the tracking) "clicks" by it self and I am totally unable to do the "reset position" thing with left hand Thumb and Index finger. I can easily see the outline of my hands, and the pointy figure at the end of each of them. They can "glove", and I can click on buttons and move screens. But it seems as the tracking is very very noisy.. all shaken up..
Anyone have any ideas of how to get things going??

Comments

• h.r.gargih.r.gargi Posts: 159
    Art3mis
    It is not perfect and mine also is a bit jittery. But yours sound like poor or irregular light conditions in your room. 
    German Oculus Quest / Go / Link Facebook Group ... join us
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/oculusquestgermany/
  • danorumdanorum Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    That was my first thought, but changing the light conditions have had no effect what so ever...
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    Really??? - Am I the only one with this problem ??
  • Pacman8030Pacman8030 Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    It's still in the experimental stage. At this time, Oculus is not accepting any apps in their official store that utilize hand tracking until they perfect it.
    NerveGear
    It's still in the experimental stage. At this time, Oculus is not accepting any apps in their official store that utilize hand tracking until they perfect it.
    I do understand that, but the issue here is that my basic hand tracking seems to work very very poorly. I’m trying to determine whether it I my Quest that is the problem, or if anyone else is expecting the same problem. 
  • wesley.przybylskiwesley.przybylski Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Yes, danorum I have also experienced the same shaky and wobbly hands. You don’t get this experience with the controllers so I also found it poor. My click and scroll works but only when my hands are in front of my face and not perfect.  Also my reset thing doesn’t work either. I changed light environments a few times.  I think your quest is fine and so is mine and it is just experimental phase.
  • Sofian75Sofian75 Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    It won't track properly if your hands are too small, be sure to have the minimum recommended hand size. 
    NerveGear
    Thank you Wesley. I really thought that I was the only one with this problems, be course everyone praises the hand tracking so much. I'm still waiting for OS upgrade to 12.1 and hope the upgrade addresses this issue.
  • kojackkojack Posts: 6,009 Volunteer Moderator
    I haven't noticed jitter, but it's very laggy which makes it feel crap to me.
    I've got a video of mine working for comparison:

The left half is the Quest hand tracking. The right half is a Leap Motion doing its own tracking at the same time.

Do you happen to have tattoos on your hands? I've seen at least one person complain that their hands can't be tracked because tattoos were confusing the Quest. Maybe try wearing gloves and see if the jitter still happens.