New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest Modification + Battery Counterweight

otosnahotosnah Posts: 2
NerveGear

Clean wire configuration using 3" heat shrink tubing (careful not to melt your Deluxe Audio Strap wire when shrinking).

I put a 3d printed adapter to the main unit and the DAS prior to heat shrinking. Many of the complaints about the 3d printed adapter was that it doesn't hold. I put a low profile velcro to attach the two pieces then put the adapter on it. This is the perfect solution and has worked wonders. It's like having a hand gripping it together. Originally I put the velcro strap on it but I like clean lines and the velcro was just so bulky. 

The battery counterweight was connected with a pop socket and a pop socket holder...I then wrapped the battery with a low profile velcro strap (will end up using an elastic velcro once I locate one). Connect the popsocket adapter with Gorilla glue.  It not only acts as a counterweight but you can charge while you play.

Comments

• ohgrantohgrant Posts: 298
    Nexus 6
     Cool mod, I'll have to try clipping on my Vive wireless battery to the back of mine when I'm mobile. I put in an additional  cross section that really distributes the weight nicely now and got rid of that teetering it was doing if not real snug.  Super comfortable now. 
     I must retract my statement I made months ago about the stock head strap being OK. Now that it is my main PC HMD, and using it much longer, I found it actually made the back of my head go numb after about an hour of game play. Whoever decided to use that industrial rubber on the back was a real masochist ..

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 16gb ddr 4 3200, 1080ti. Z800 HMD, DK1, DK2, CV1, Vive wireless, Quest, HP Reverb. Viewsonic 1080p 3D projector ASUS 3D vision monitor.  UAD Apollo interface, Yamaha studio monitors.  
  • otosnahotosnah Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have since made a modification. Do you 3d print?