cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OculusDash.exe crashes for one windows user but not others

HersheyCactus
Honored Guest
I have several windows accounts on one PC. All Windows accounts tested except for one work fine (we share the same Oculus login).  The single windows account that can't run anything in VR gives a blank screen on the Rift, and from Windows Event Viewer I can see that OculusDash.exe is crashing.  I'm running the latest Oculus software just downloaded.

This is the error message I'm getting:

Faulting application name: OculusDash.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xef32ec06
Faulting module name: OculusDash.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xef32ec06
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000420936
Faulting process id: 0x5864
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b910cc6deb6c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-dash\dash\bin\OculusDash.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-dash\dash\bin\OculusDash.exe
Report Id: d6fbd515-d45a-4c92-96c0-72eb20a93106
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4

BobAnglais
Honored Guest

I'm running the latest Oculus software too and now seeing the exact same thing, Oculus Dash crashing.

Mostly crashes immediately but sometimes I might get a minute of use, but once the dash crashes the display goes off, although the sound continues to work.

I've tried reinstalling the software etc, nothing has made any difference so far.

Faulting application name: OculusDash.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xef32ec06
Faulting module name: OculusDash.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xef32ec06
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000420936
Faulting process ID: 0x34c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b9f8dd5f2eff
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-dash\dash\bin\OculusDash.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-dash\dash\bin\OculusDash.exe
Report ID: 85512162-0dc8-49bf-8e09-210281c6d296
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Questionable to release a new version right before the holidays, hopefully they will push out fixed software asap.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey, sounds like an issue with the Windows account/profile itself rather than the software. Create a new one using the details here. Typically issues specific to one account would be a corrupted profile or lack of permissions. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is a reply from Support? What a sorry excuse of assistance

How does this help anyone? Making a new user profile should be out of the question just to run your software

If it is because of a corrupted profile, maybe link to something that could help your users fix it?

If it is because of lack of permissions, what permissions? You probably know what your software needs

Why not try to help instead of just throwing away the responsibility? It's your software after all...

Have you found a fix?