cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S Orange light turns on during use.

0Chrisc
Protege
Everytime I use the headset about 30 to 45 minutes of playing the orange light comes on and the headset screen freezes, also it says my Displayport can't be found. I have to close the game I am playing and click the beta Restart Oculus in settings in the Oculus app. also if the computer is on for a while and the headset isn't being used and in sleep mode (Orange light in on) putting on the headset doesn't wake it up, i found the best way to wake the headset is by restarting my computer.

I have been dealing with this since summer is there a fix?
3 REPLIES 3

0Chrisc
Protege
I installed the new "Windows 10 build 2004" and all my issues seem to have gone away. I forgot to mention in my last post that I tried to turn sleep mode off for the USB driver of the headset, but it never worked. now after I installed the new Windows build the headset orange light doesn't turn on  anymore if I'm playing a game or the headset isn't being used.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Glad to hear you sorted it.  It must be hard for Oculus when the software you build upon is crap.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

0Chrisc
Protege
I was having that problem for almost a year ever since I bought the headset, It made me not want to use it to much because it stopped working during use after a while every time I used the headset. but its been four days now and no issues at all.