New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Numerous problems in Oculus Setup and infinite loading screen

MONICA30081973MONICA30081973 Posts: 4
NerveGear
edited December 2019 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
So, at the time of writing this I've already gotten my Rift S I've been waiting to get for a long, long while.
Once it arrived, I was excited to set it up and start playing, but oooh boy did the problems start rising up.
I'm just going to go straight to point:

1st issue: Oculus not recognizing DisplayPort nor USB 3

As it obviously suggests, the Oculus App wasn't recognizing the DisplayPort or USB 3 cables at all. All I was able to find for a solution in the forums was uninstalling the "Rift S USB Hub" In Device manager, which had a yellow triangle indicating something was wrong, I did it but that lead me to another problem.

(Check "The time i got the 1st issue fixed")

2nd issue: Oculus giving the USB 3 a "Red X/Cross"

I do, in fact, have a USB 3.0 in my computer and I have tried all of the ports available but to no avail, all of them were still giving me a red cross. The ViewPort was fine, though.

3rd issue: Infinite loading screen and controller/hands are stuck in position at the bottom

I am pretty sure it has got something to do with the 2nd issue, but I still have some doubts. Just like the issue is stated, once I put on my Oculus Rift S I am stuck in an infinite loading screen, and once I look down it looks like my controllers are stuck there, even if they can still change direction. Audio DOES still work, I can hear things very clearly. The only problem here is the loading screen and hands.

The time I got the 1st issue fixed

So, the first time I got the 1st issue fixed (the first time, not right now) the USB had a green check mark on it and I moved to the next step. It said that the Rift S couldn't recognize any sensors being on. Yes, I had the "allow programs to turn on cameras" thing on, but I didn't know that at the time, so after browsing the forums for a long. long time I found that turning that on was the solution. Don't ask me how this happened, because I don't even remember it myself, but for some reason the Oculus app went back to the first step (USB and ViewPort) and it initiated the second issue.

(Check "2nd issue: Oculus giving the USB 3 a "RedX/Cross"")

Yes, I have:

-A USB 3.0 port
-Minimum specs to use the Rift S
-Tried to repair the Oculus App
-Tried to reinstall Oculus drivers (Brings me back to the 1st issue)
-Spent all day browsing the forums in hopes I'd find a solution, but none have worked.
-Tried to plug in the USB 3.0 port, wait a few seconds and then plugging in the ViewPort. This only leaves a red cross on the USB 3.0 icon.

I've tried to give as much information as possible and screenshots in every section, thank you for reading and trying to help overall!

Comments

• HelcionHelcion Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    Do you have usb ports with another controller? You could also try a pcie usb card from inateck.
  • SuperBigBangSuperBigBang Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    the same problem, I also reinstalled Windows. It seems to me that since the last firmware update energy from the USB3 port has become more consumed and the computer can not cope. Support very rarely answers, about once a week, I follow all their instructions, nothing helps. Now I ordered a high-quality USB3.0 controller with plug-in power, it will come at the end of the week, it will be seen whether it will help or not.
  • MONICA30081973MONICA30081973 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    Helcion said:
    Do you have usb ports with another controller? You could also try a pcie usb card from inateck.
    Well sadly, I just realized I don't. At this point im desperate and everything seems to point at the fact that I should try to go for a PCIE USB card. I'll make sure to try it out and give an update when I get it. Thank you for the recommendation!
  • NapsterATNapsterAT Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Try pluging in the USB first wait 5-10 seconds then plug in the display port
    NerveGear
    NapsterAT said:
    Try pluging in the USB first wait 5-10 seconds then plug in the display port
    Did you even read the full post? I've already addressed that.
    NerveGear
    Helcion said:
    It arrived today and i've been tinkering with it all day. While not a complete fix to the main problem, it looks like buying this was a step in the right direction since now the USB 3.0 is recognized. It did lead to a completely separate problem from the initial one this discussion is talking about, so I think it fits in a different discussion apart from this one.