cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO becomes unresponsive after sleep

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently found a problem when Oculus GO goes to sleep mode. The problem is that after long (maybe not) sleep device sometimes doesn't react on head's rotations and always show the same picture. I've tested 100 devices and this bug stably arises on 10-15% different devices randomly. Firstly, I thought that this problem is somehow connected with my application, but it's also arises on headsets that I've just opened. OS version - 434260.4860. Executed version - 12.0.0.186.469.187.069679. Headset on which i caught a bug was released in 2018.
7 REPLIES 7

Booksnmore24
Honored Guest
So how do u fix it? It has happened to me 3 times so far n I’ve only owned it for less than 24 hours..... :'(  :s

P5052
Honored Guest
Similar problems, except after sleep the headset goes to sleep, I can't even get back to the home screen. The Connect Oculus Controller icon/notification is fixated on my view and the remote does not connect after the re-pair option (Oculus & Back button), the Oculus App on my phone does not recognize the Go as being connected or nearby, 

noemis
Protege
Same here. No tracking after sleep. Not always, but often.

BossGator
Protege
I've had this issue, or a similar one. The only solution for me is to just hold down the power button for 10 seconds and let it restart. Thankfully it restarts quick enough it's not a major problem.

rendeverdeveloper
Honored Guest
This happens regularly on a large number of devices. Is there any known solution? Is Oculus aware of this and working on a fix?

Version 12.0.0.226.469.188362039

Runtime Version

OS Version
user-434260.5740.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bump; we have 15 devices . It seems most of them are affected when waking them from sleep usually 1/3 of the devices get frozen and need hard reset. Very annoying.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @demo.user20, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. This issue which can cause display to lock when waking up from sleep should be addressed in the new update rolling out this week. It's mentioned in our release notes here. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!