New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Freezing and disconnection issues

SeekerStrikeSeekerStrike Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited December 2019 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Got the Rift S recently and while setup was fast and easy, I've noticed that programs will freeze for a second (where the tracking stops) at regular intervals, and during the more graphically intense moments in games. Sometimes the freeze chains into a black screen and sound cut which renders some games soft-locked and will often disconnect SteamVR from the Oculus service (I assume something happens that disconnects the Oculus from the PC for a short time). From what I understand my PC shouldn't be having too many issues with running Oculus home or a game like GORN (some specs below)

I'm not sure if this is an error with some software or that my PC isn't strong enough and that's leading to problems. I'll attach the log analysis from the last 24 hours that I retrieved with the log gatherer and any help/information about what the issue is and why it's happening would be much appreciated.

Specs:
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
CPU:inter core i7-5820k @ 3.30GHz
RAM: 16gb

(as a sidenote I've tried closing as many apps and programs as possible before use, with Discord being the only program that's always been open during use. I also have 2 monitors and have tried disconnecting one before use)

Tagged:

Comments

• KBSpecialKBSpecial Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I've been troubleshooting a very similar problem, also with Gorn. I thought it was the Oculus app initially so I switched to Steam VR and downloaded H3VR, which ran flawlessly for hours. Then I downloaded Gorn through Steam, and encountered the exact same problems I had when using it through Oculus. I think it has something to do with your USB 3.0 slot getting enough power - download the Occulus Tray app and disable all power management. Another option is getting  a third party USB 3.0 expansion that you install in a free pci-e slot (thus providing an optimally powered USB slot).