cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right controller died on day 1 {Christmas}

clair_smart
Protege
So after an amazing hour or so I was in to the Vader immortal episode one when I received the error message "right controller not found" I did all of the obvious stuff like new battery, checked the forum and un-paired and can not pair so I guess it just died after less than 2 hours of use. Sucks,,,,
24 REPLIES 24

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey clair.smart, please create a ticket here noting what you've done thus far today. That way we don't double back over steps and can look towards assisting.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

clair_smart
Protege
Previously created #1021004/26/36

Also noted today white residue on the right controller where the ring joins the hand held portion of the controller and in the battery compartment

clair_smart
Protege
Also tried a factory reset on the Quest last night and now cant complete the setup (makes sense) since the right controller can not be found or manually paired

Signore_Pucci
Honored Guest
I had the same problem, ticket submitted.  Waiting for factory response.

crk12345
Honored Guest
Same issue here - bought for Christmas. Within first hour of playing, the right controller stopped working.  Went to the forums and tried every solution posted multiple times. Noticed this morning a white residue in battery compartment of the right controller only.  I’m assuming this lot of devices are defective.  Very frustrated.  I submitted a ticket yesterday as well.  If these devices need replacement I really hope it won’t be weeks or months to get.  Very bad first impression.  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe the battery have leaked inside some acid from it and something got short on the logic board circuit.
Or some liquid got spilled over the controller and got short something inside.
For people that have buy Oculus locally and are out of waranty, i may make a teardown of controllers with suggestions on what to do to remove the corrosion but this will not solve any burned component which will require resolder/replacement or any other repair to restore the working condition of the inside circuit.

clair_smart
Protege
No liquid from me.  Maybe battery or maybe something internally but 100% a warranty issue.  1 hour of operation on the first day of ownership.

clair_smart
Protege
So while in the cue for "chat" in regards to an update to my trouble ticket submitted yesterday, I started at 85 and at 77 was kicked out due to high call volume,,,
So sad.

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
This same exact thing happend to me, what the hell is oculus selling? One hour later, the battery in the right controller leaked battery acid all on the inside, and my controller died. It came back on after a few hours of cleaning out the acid, but this seems to be a HUGE problem with everybody who recently got an oculus quest. And all you can do is come on here, and wait for oculus to tell you, "please submit a ticket" which isnt helping us play our 500 dollar piece of equipment anytime soon. It takes 3 days just to get an reply from oculus, nevermind during this time of year. They use every holiday as an excuse their taking too long to reply to EVERYBODY . It's the most frustrating thing in the world. Ruined my christmas.