New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Display Blinking

SpidermomSpidermom Posts: 4
NerveGear
I need help. I have gone through the setup process through the app - had some issues getting the controllers to pair, but finally worked. Then it said to put the headset on to continue setup.

When I put the headset on, I can see it says UPDATE COMPLETE - now you'll get to know your device and home environment - and there is a CONTINUE button, however I cannot do anything as the display blinks on and off. It also shows the 3 'waiting' dots in between.

The first time this happened I thought we did something wrong, so I did the factory reset and started over, but with the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• dingofoxvrfoxdingofoxvrfox Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    yes reset the headset 
  • SpidermomSpidermom Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    To reset the headset, do you do more than turn it off and back on? Because if all you do is turn it off and on then it's been reset at least a dozen times. 
    NerveGear
    I have also done a factory reset 3x. No matter what I do the display blinks on and off. 
  • ktp82ktp82 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Did you fix this problem?
    I just got the quest, and I got the exact same problem with the screen blinking.
    NerveGear
    ktp82 said:
    Did you fix this problem?
    I just got the quest, and I got the exact same problem with the screen blinking.
    I had to send the entire unit back for a complete replacement. The new unit is working beautifully. Good luck! 
  • Spike20202020Spike20202020 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Oh great you wait months to get a instock Quest an when it arrives its faulty better not happen to me.
  • ezop73ezop73 Posts: 289
    Nexus 6
    Oculus has 2 different stock quantities, 1 for new purchases and another for replacements, If you have in issue with your quest open a support ticket.