cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIGHT CONTROLLER, 1ST DAY, like everyone else.

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
After about an hour into playing our new oculus quest, our RIGHT controller stopped working. No LED light, nothing. Like oculus would tell us, we took out the batteries that they sent with it, let them sit out for 5 minutes, put them back in, unpaired, paird, nothing. We looked online and what a surprise, LOTS of people are having problems with their right controllers also. I JUST got this for my wife for christmas, and 1 hour into playing it, it stops working. Now we cant even use it without the right controller. So now I went and spent ANOTHER 70 bucks for 1 right controller, that will probably do the same thing when it gets here since it seems to be happening to a shit ton of people. Some product. Lots of people reporting day one right controller stopped working. Now what do I do, I know oculus will just tell me to request a support ticket, and all that, but all that did was send me an automated email saying they wont even get back to me for about 2 days. Lol, so I cant even look forward to any type of play for 2 days at least. So now what do I do? Wait for god knows how long for my new controller to come? We deserve an explanation to what's going on, oculus MUST know because you can google this exact issue for a year ago and they said they were aware and working on an update to fix it. Well, this until was manufactured in august 2019, this problem is still happening to brand new units? This is really troubling me. Especially the speed in which they're handling this issue, nothing seems to be getting done about it on my end, so the whole time I'm waiting around I'm just feeling like i wasted 570 bucks. Cuz I have no oculus and no answers from oculus. Any other company would be like, jesus all these people are having the same problem, maybe send out some type of mass email to your users saying you're aware of the right controller not working issue and are going to fix it and make it right for us paying customers. How can you sell something that stops working on the first day, and not get back to us for 2 days with an answer. It takes longer for you guys to respond than it does for your product to stop working. 
53 REPLIES 53

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Shouting out on everyone else's thread and creating one just for yourself isn't going to help on a community forum. We are all users just like you. Its the holiday period, these things happen. You should of been here on the release of the Rift CV1 😉 you know what I am going to say so I won't say it (support). Please try to chill, nothing is going to be resolved by ranting to the choir.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
Your telling me to chill because this isnt happening to you on the first day you bought it. And its NOT just me it happened to so you dont think we deserve an answer or some help? What kind of community likes to tell me I'm spamming instead of helping. If I got an answer I wouldn't be posting everywhere. I'm pissed I'm getting no help and my 5pp dollar product stopped working on the first hour I opened the box, I'm sorry. You dont expect people to be upset about it? You're just throwing in our face the better product you have and telling us to chill? Lol is this for real? Is this the help you get in this community? Should have bought a rift s or whatever you have? That's your advice? 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
This isnt spam this is a customer who paid just like you. Your not special 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
I want oculus to come on here and explain it to me, I dont need you to come here and tell me to chill if you're not going to help. This is an issue happening to many people on the first day they get it, and all people tell me is go to support like I haven't done that already. 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
Dont tell me I'm spamming when I'm just a dude who paid 570 bucks for something that I cant use, you would be pissed to, especially if you came on oculus forum for help and I'm sitting there telling you to stop spamming and you should have gotten the rift. Lol what a joke. Some help and community. 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
You're the one seeking out my comments and taking the time to read them and even more time to reply to me, and all for nothing cuz you're not helping. Just telling me to do something we all already did, and telling us the better product you have that we should have gotten. If you're not helping, dont even reply. 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
Your word isnt the almighty final word buddy. Sorry. Lol I know you think so with that volunteer moderator patch you got going on, but you're not oculus. 

StoneyBeatZ
Expert Protege
We can all be volunteer moderators and go on random peoples thread with our moderator badge and tell people to chill like the forum policeman lol, I'm looking for help and answers and if you dont have them im not talking to you or want to hear from you. 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

😉 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.