cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus isn't working correctly. Click here to check our support article. HELP!

alexisixela9
Honored Guest
My Rift display won't turn on, it's just a black screen. I realised this problem in the setup, at the "Adjust your lenses" part, where you need to put on the headset, but it was just a black screen.
I bypassed the setup, but the problem was still there. The light turns from orange to white when I launch demos or games and the sound works on the headset, but still a black screen. I also don't see the actual demo or game on my monitor, except for the SteamVR tutorial.
I always get an error saying "Oculus isn't working correctly. Click here to check our support article." in the Oculus Home, which might be the problem, but I tried everything they recommended, still nothing...

I have tried everything: updating my drivers, restarting my PC 20 times, reseating the cables on the headset, still nothing.

Any help would be really greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot!
9 REPLIES 9

simonthedigger1
Honored Guest
ok same is happening to my headset im living in a region where oculus cannot replace my headset and im very concerned if anyone finds out the issue please help thank you

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Post your computer specs, mother board etc.  No one can help you without basic computer info.  That applies to both of you.  Look at my sig for ideas if yours is a pre-built 'off the shelf' machine like mine.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

notaweeb420
Honored Guest
"my sig" whats that?

LemonyPep
Explorer
Same with me, except it either is lighted black, no lights, flashing black, static that burns your eyes and random turning off.

HostileBacon17
Honored Guest
Is there any update to this post on how to fix this issue. I just started experiencing this yesterday

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

"my sig" whats that?

Its the grey text at the bottom of every post I make.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

paulohotline
Explorer
same error with no fix yet. previously pc worked fine, i believe this started after a windows update.
[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389] http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

shakamonkeyman1
Honored Guest

Download iVRy Driver for SteamVR off the steam page and it added some files to my computer that fixed everything. I can now run link perfectly fine and the audio is working perfectly.

You might check that some files withing the Oculus program are not selected to run as "Admin". I believe the files are the Support Folder - Oculus Dash and Oculus Platform Runtime. Within those there are .exe files. Select "compatibility" and find out if "run as Admin" is checked - if so uncheck and save then try the program. I received the same error after I reinstalled Oculus Client. The program worked properly after this action. I believe that only the Oculus .Exe needs to be run with Admin rights.

Hope I've been clear enough to help a bit.