New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Remove banner: Your computer doesn't meet Rift's updated minimum specifications...

hcanning2012hcanning2012 Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited December 2019 in General
Hi Guys,
Using Oculus Rift S for the first time and using it on a Lenovo Y540 that more than meets the Rift S minimum specs yet I still get this annoying banner in the software: 'Your computer doesn't meet Rift's updated minimum specifications l, which can lead to poor experience in VR. " See screenshots attached. 
I actually got Lenovo to send me a laptop that more than satisfied the specs posted on the Oculus site. (I can't post links)
..which are : 
Intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater
8GB+ RAM
Windows 10
1x USB 3.0 ports
Compatible DisplayPort video output

**My specs are:**
Graphics
NvidiaGeForce GTX™ 1650
Processor
9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 cores, 12MB Cache)
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64
DisplayType
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 60Hz, 250 nits
Memory
8GBDDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive
1TB HDD 7200 RPM + 256GB SSD PCIe

This fix also didn't work:
"forums*oculusvr*com*community*discussion*43221*fix-at-last-your-computer-doesnt-meet-rifts-recommended-specifications
...I tried removing the Compatibility.json file from both the runtime and appdata locations but they reappear after I restart Oculus.

I'm using the latest Oculus software. 

I also got an Oculus Touch error. See screenshots attached but that seems to have gone now since a restart.

I suspect these errors are bugs so looking to fix them. 
All help appreciated. 
Thank you!

Comments

• MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 516
    Neo
    Your CPU is fine, but it hasn’t been updated in the Oculus system requirements yet. When they update the list that message will go away. 
  • hcanning2012hcanning2012 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    Hi so can I whitelist something in some json file or does Oculus need to release a software update with the i7 whitelisted? I get the same banner issues on the headset too and it's just annoying. 
    Thanks 
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 516
    Neo
    Hi so can I whitelist something in some json file or does Oculus need to release a software update with the i7 whitelisted?
    Thanks 
    You might be able to edit something. Maybe someone that knows will answer, or maybe google it. That message does suck. I’m surprised after all this time they ha ent added an option to remove it. 
    NerveGear
    Ya I've seen posts from years back with the issue but the fix didn't work for me of deleting a Compatibility json file. Actually stopped headset working.  
    NerveGear
    cpu.userbenchmark[dot]com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-9750H-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4590/m766364vs2604
    NerveGear
    edited December 2019
    This appears to work:
    delete "Compatibility.json" files and create empty "CompatibilityNew.json" files at
    C:\Users\jdoe\AppData\Local\Oculus
    and
    C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime
    ..and in Properties set both empty new files to Read Only.

• AngelosPikoulasAngelosPikoulas Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 18
    I tried the above @hcanning2012 and it DID work - many thanks!. Maybe we can add an entry for 1650 on that JSON, I haven't managed to find the proper values though, any attempts? 

BTW, Nividia claims 1650 is "up to 70% faster than the GTX 1050 on the latest games." and in practice, I can see a difference of 30% at least comparing my old 1050 to the 1650. On oculus link 1050 is whitelisted and I wasn't getting this message, so not whitelisting 1650 is idiotic. Any workarounds around Compatibility.json anyone?

On the latest "CompatibilityNew.json.temp" oculus is trying to update, I can see a new entry for "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super" which didnt exists yesterday, that's encouraging, maybe we'll get it eventually!
  • Nyu_LiaNyu_Lia Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    hey, i have a question, can i bypass the compatibility, i have a gtx1050 but i can play in vr with wmr, vive but i can't with oculus
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,828 Valuable Player
    Nyu_Lia said:
    hey, i have a question, can i bypass the compatibility, i have a gtx1050 but i can play in vr with wmr, vive but i can't with oculus
    Ya, with WMR you can even get away with an Intel integrated gpu @60hz.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro, Vive Cosmos, Vive Wireless.