cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asgard's Wrath or Stormland? - Help Me Decide

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Posted this on Reddit as well. Just wondering what people think about the two games. Stormland sounds great but some people say it's too easy, repetitive and the cycle system a little odd.  I am torn. You know I will game on the HP Reverb with revive and my  PC specs. Which one is better for me? I like fancy visuals and sci-fi but I'm wary of more robots! I prefer human adversaries in VR. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
12 REPLIES 12

Wildt
Consultant
As much as I like the fundamental game concept, I'm finding it hard to recommend Stormland in it's current state.

I'm not a huge fan of the combat system in Asgards, but you do get A LOT of content, and it's quite polished for a VR title.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

ohgrant
Superstar
 I have both, to be honest both are good, but I'm not blown away by either of them and will be a while before I get back to them. Asgard looks better in my view but so far is more tomb raider like puzzles than action. Stormland also looks good but more unrealistic artsy terrain and like you said another robot game. Doesn't rank up there with Lone Eco or Robo recall IMO.
 Subjective of course, you and I have very different tastes in games I think. I believe I seen you post that you wouldn't be excited by a WWII game but would like resident evil if it were on PCVR. I'm the opposite and have enough zombie and undead games to last a lifetime. With that in mind, I'd have to choose Asgard as the better of the two.    
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Asgard's Wrath is by far the largest game (130GB), it'll easily take 40 hours and it's focused on sword fighting. Stormland (20 GB) may be more relaxed, at least you'll get some big guns - and you're slower. Performance may be slightly better in Stormland (but you probably need to deactivate real time shadows), and you can disable the blurry temporal antialiasing, which is fully integrated into Asgard's Wrath (maybe TAA can now be deactivated after patch 2, but I've seen no confirmation so far, I have not patched my game because it works perfectly).
I firmly believe that the majority of VR users like Asgard the most (Metascore 89, Stormland is 82 or 83). Flip a coin 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Asgard's Wrath for sure. IMHO it's the best game made for VR to date. Absolutely loved it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just got started with Asgard's Wrath yesterday, wow pretty incredible game and looks gorgeous in my Rift S.
Runs quite well with Epic settings on my rig with 1.2 SS.

inovator
Consultant
Asgard wrath to me is magnificent. The only pancake game I played in 2019 was God  of war. I said when halfway through with god of war I wish I can do this in vr. Asgard has many god of war elements. In some ways my wish came true. So far I played asgard for over 50 hours and I'm still not finished.

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

Asgard wrath to me is magnificent. The only pancake game I played in 2019 was God  of war. I said when halfway through with god of war I wish I can do this in vr. Asgard has many god of war elements. In some ways my wish came true. So far I played asgard for over 50 hours and I'm still not finished.

I am so loving it, but also so frustrated at the moment also - I seem to be stuck and can't figure out what I need to do.
Going to keep plugging till I get it though. Great game.

inovator
Consultant

dburne said:b

inovator said:

I am so loving it, but also so frustrated at the moment also - I seem to be stuck and can't figure out what I need to do.

When I get stuck I just look at utube videos. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

dburne said:b

inovator said:

When I get stuck I just look at utube videos. 

Yeah good idea, will check it out thanks.